FIRST | CELLPHONE SWAP

NADINE HENSON

"You don't pick up guys at clubs," Katerina said. "No blind dates. How will you ever get a date?" 

I gave her an irritated face. Still remembering what happened awhile ago. It all started at our salsa dance thing. Katerina forced Freya and I to go. 2 people were dancing and after that the male teacher said us girls should pick a male partner and guys can't say no once we picked them.

All of the girls started to pick their partners and I just stood there. Not knowing what to do when there are no guys left. The teacher asked me where's my partner but when I was about to speak a gay dancer clapped his hands and started walking to me as the music started. I was freaking out so bad. He's making weird steps and was feeling the spotlight too much. He grabbed my hand and started spinning around and around and the male teacher held his hand to make sure he's still spinning around and kicked him out of the room. That was uncomfortable.

"There's a meeting tomorrow, Come with us." Freya said as she stopped walking.

"You go ahead. I have other things to do." I replied, continuing to walk.

"You should date as many guys as possible." Katerina ran after me. "So you can figure out what type of guy you like."

"I don't like blind dates," I replied. "It wouldn't be fair to a guy I'm destined to meet. Think about pollination. The odds are ten million to one for pollen to be pollinated but they eventually do."

"There comes your pollen, girl." Katerina laughed as she pointed at someone. And that someone is the gay dancer from our salsa dance class.

He saw me and started walking in our direction but even before he can come near us. I decided to avoid him.

"See you later." I nervously said at my 2 friends.

"Where are you going?" Katerina laughed.

I started running toward a bus at the bus stop and got on it. 

--------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR

"I bet she will die a virgin. Don't you think?" Katerina laughed.

"What's wrong with that?" Freya defended Nadine as she watch Nadine get on the bus.

"You don't know because you haven't done it." Katerina responded with a smirk on her face.

A few minutes later, Nadine is still on the bus on her way home with her cousin, Isabelle. She is a professional dating consultant and a strong subscriber to blood type theory.