스물둘

a/n; for the future chapters, it will all be in THIRD PERSON POV :)

hoseok and ash laid down on the airbed that ash had placed. hoseok burped loudly resulting to ash giggling at the action. seconds later, ash did the same but louder. hoseok erupted in a fit of laughs while ash was reddened in embarassment. the laughter died down for a bit before hoseok spoke.

" you cook really well, i wish i would have know sooner. could've given me a reason to make you cook for me more " hoseok joked as he turned to his right side to face her. ash just chuckled at him.

" can you tell me about your family? if you don't mind... " hoseok said as he stared at ash. ash stiffened at the question, but relaxed shortly after hoseok lacing his hands to hers. his warmth gave her the courage to speak up.
ash took a deep breatb before revealing her childhood to him.

" i didn't grow up here in korea. i was born in the philippines. my mom was a lawyer and my dad was a stay-home father kind of type. i always loved being with him. the philippines often had typhoons and storms so it's easy to cancel classes, even for pre-schools. when i was a kid and there was a storm, i'd always stay at home with my dad and we'd make forts out of pillow cushions. i adored him so much. that lasted until i was twelve. my mom and dad started to argue often until it led to violence. i would hear my mom scream for help but i can't do anything because he would have me locked up in my room " she didn't know that she was crying until she felt her shirt dampen.

and that's when she can't take it anymore, she was full on sobbing on hoseok's chest while hoseok rubbed her back for comfort.

" it's okay, i'm here. i'll always be here. take deep breath's love " hoseok as he comforted ash.

" then one night, i heard a loud scream coming from the kitchen. he didn't lock me in the room so i had the chance to get out of the room. when i stood there, i saw my mom knocked out on the cold concrete ground and he was nowhere to be seen. i had to scream for help. they brought her into the hospital, that was when they saw her brain tumor. my life crumbled at that very moment. we had to leave the philippines so that my mom and i could be away from him. so we left everything there, even my childhood memories " ash managed to say inbetween sobs. hoseok's heart broke at what he heard. he never knew that ash went through hell and back.

" hey ash, remember when you told me you always loved to sing when you were a kid? " hoseok said just to distract her. ash looked up to hoseok then showed a smile.

" y-yeah... w-why? "

" will you sing for me? please? " ash contemplated for a moment before doing so. hoseok was in complete daze the moment her velvety smootb voice was heard. the two enjoyed the rest of the emotional night.

i guess we're both broken trying to act like we're fixed