Chapter 8

(Zen Quinoa Bowl, very Mitch Grassi)

Mitch POV

Slowly, the elevator doors slid open.

Carefully, I glanced around the corner of the hallway to see if there was anybody hoping to catch a glimpse of me. 

I mean, I loved my fans. But sometimes, I just needed to be normal. Just Mitch.

I made my way to my room quietly, not wanting to attract attention.

When I returned, I slipped in, looking around. The housekeeping wasn't in yet, which was good. Mar was out with Kevin, working with a hired publicity team for me.

It was just me and Scott. I gulped.

Somehow, the prospect excited me, while making me nervous. I didn't know why.

I could not help feeling that there was something about Scott, something from my past that connected Scott and me.

When I was around him, there was a familiar buzz that I couldn't place. 

If I could just-

A knock on the door startled me.

Walking to the door, I put my eye to the hole in the door, peering through.

I came face to face with a muscly chest barely covered by a coral tank top.

I felt my breath catch in my throat, the owner was... attractive, to say the least. But, I didn't recognize it.

Suddenly, the person bent down, looking back into the hole in the door. 

Shocking blue eyes stared back at me, a twinkle in them.

"Mitch? Are you there?" Scott's deep voice asked.

Quickly, I flipped the latch on the door and swung it open.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'm used to people- you know, they just find me. I-" I couldn't string my thoughts together for whatever reason.

"No, no, it's fine. I totally get it." He answered quickly, straightening up. I nodded.

"Oh!" I said in realization. "Do you want to, come in?" I stood aside, to allow him to enter.

"Oh, uh, yeah. Um, thanks. Thanks." He stuttered, walking in.

I shut the door behind me, sighing and rubbing my forehead. This morning was going to be a little more difficult than I thought.

"So, uh, just go ahead and sit wherever. Mar's bed is free and she won't mind. There's also a desk, but that chair is awful, so..."

I gestured to Mar's bed and he sat down on it. I flopped onto mine, grabbing the room service menu.

I handed it to Scott. I already knew what I wanted.

He pondered over it, and curiously, his eyes widened at an item. His eyes flew to me, and quickly I averted mine, blushing. I'd been caught staring at Scott Hoying. Shit.

After a long silence, he said, "I know what I want if you're ready."

I nodded, reaching for the phone. 

Dialing the number for room service, I said, "Hi. I'd like to place an order?"

The girl on the other line responded enthusiastically, "Sure, hon! What would you like?"

"I'll have a Zen Quinoa Bowl."

"Would you like a drink with that?" I glanced at my almost-full Starbucks.