Chapter 7

Sorry it's a little late, guys, but enjoy!

The next morning, I quickly showered and dressed in some jeans, a blue shirt, and some blue Converse before slinging my bow across my back and going to the mess hall for breakfast. Artemis and I agreed that we would go to Olympus and tell the council about the new enemy I fear is rising.

When I arrived at the mess hall, I sat down at the table and summoned some pancakes for myself and the girls that were already waiting at the table, though they gave me strange looks when they saw that mine were blue. I smirked and ate in silence, only pausing to summon food for the other hunters and Artemis as they came in. I was almost finished when a younger hunter with brown hair and blue eyes named Alice came up to me.

"Good morning, Alice. Is there something I can help you with?," I said kindly, smiling down at her. She looked pleasantly surprised that I knew her name, but shook her head.

"I just wanted to say that... you have a really pretty singing voice, Percy.," she said shyly. My grin widened.

"Thank you, Alice. I'm sure you have an even prettier voice.," I told her. She smiled widely and giggled before running off to join some of her sisters eating their breakfasts at the other end of the table. I looked up to see Artemis, Thalia, and some of the other hunters smiling at me after the exchange.

"What?," I asked dumbly. They all blinked and continued eating. I shrugged and finished my own breakfast. A few minutes later, after Artemis finished eating, she stood up and cleared her throat. Immediately, the clatter and voices of the girls stopped as they looked up to their leader.

"Girls, Percy and I must go to Olympus for a meeting," she began. "In the meantime, I request that you practice your archery or go hunting for lunch and dinner. As good as his food is, Percy will not be responsible for every meal."

The hunters all nodded in understanding, but Thalia looked at her in confusion.

"Why is there a meeting today, milady? And why is Percy going with you?," she questioned. Artemis looked at her carefully.

"We must discuss some matters with the other Olympians. If what we believe is correct, then you will know soon enough.," she answered solemnly. Thalia nodded, though she only looked more confused. Artemis nodded at me and I went to stand dutifully by her side. She placed her hand on my shoulder and I closed my eyes as she flashed us away.

I soon opened my eyes to see that we were outside the Empire State Building instead of the throne room on Olympus. I looked at Artemis in confusion.

She shrugged and said, "I enjoy the walk."

I shrugged and followed behind her at a respectful distance as she approached the front desk. Without even looking up from his book, the clerk handed her the key and nodded at her while saying, "Lady Artemis. Welcome back."

"Thank you.," she responded and took the key. When we got into the elevator, I grumbled," He never gives me the key unless I threaten him."

Artemis just smirked and we stood in silence until we got to Olympus.

I smiled sadly as we walked through the streets toward the throne room. Streets designed by my Wise Girl. Artemis must have noticed my wistful expression because she offered me a comforting smile.

"She really did an amazing job.," she said softly. I only nodded in response, lost in memories of Annabeth until we arrived in the throne room. I stood quietly in the center of the room as Artemis grew to her full godly height and shot a silver arrow in the sky before sitting in her throne.

One by one, the Olympians flashed into their thrones. Finally, when Apollo arrived last (Artemis rolled her eyes at this), Zeus looked at Artemis and said, "Why have you summoned us, daughter?"

"I believe Percy should explain.," she said, gesturing towards me. Most of the gods blinked and looked down at me like they hadn't even noticed I was here, but Poseidon smiled warmly at me and said, "Hello, son."

I smiled back at him and said, "Hi, Dad."

Then, I turned to the rest of the council and took a deep breath before explaining the thoughts that occurred to me the night before. By the time I was finished, most of the gods looked concerned, but Zeus was being stubborn, as usual.

"A couple of monster attacks does not mean another war is coming.," he said. My jaw dropped, along with several of the gods'.

"Are you kidding me?!," I shouted. Zeus looked taken aback, but I wasn't done yet.

"This is going to be the Giant War all over again! Monsters attacking and killing demigods until I undoubtedly have to battle whoever keeps sending them! Who knows? Maybe there'll be another Great Prophecy about me that you will be too stubborn to realize is happening. RIGHT. NOW!," I finished, breathing hard and glaring at Zeus right in the eyes. Zeus was redder than a tomato, but before he could blast me into oblivion, Athena stood from her throne.

"Father, Percy is right. The facts point to another war, whether you like it or not.," she proclaimed. I smiled and nodded to her in thanks. My father was next to stand.

"What my son says is true, brother.," he said calmly. Slowly, the rest of the Olympians stated their agreements. Even Ares and Dionysus begrudgingly admitted that they agreed with me.

Finally, Zeus sighed and said, "Well, then? What are we going to do about this?"

I spent the next several hours sitting in the center of the throne room in a chair summoned by Hestia (thank the gods for Hestia), listening as the gods argued, occasionally rolling my eyes and summoning food for myself when I got hungry. When I got bored, I would stare at my hand as flames moved back and forth between my fingers.

At last, Zeus adjourned the meeting, but by then it was already dark outside. I hugged my father goodbye as he flashed out with the others and bowed to Hestia before following Artemis out of the throne room. Surprisingly, the lobby of the Empire State Building was crowded, so we went outside to flash back to the hunters' camp away from the eyes of mortals.

As we were about to enter an alley to flash away, I heard a noise behind a dumpster. I quietly got my bow ready to shoot and looked back to see Artemis had done the same. I stealthily approached the area where the noise had come from, subtly making sure I stayed in front of Artemis. I am her guardian, right?

At that moment, I turned a corner and aimed my bow at what I thought would be a monster. Instead, I looked into the terrified gray eyes of a young girl.