Epilogue

Third Person POV

For the first time in thousands of years, the Olympians all agreed on something. Perseus Jackson was the greatest hero to ever live and he deserved to be remembered.

They agreed unanimously that Hephaestus would create a statue of pure Imperial Gold, enchanted to never grow worn or weathered, depicting Percy with Riptide raised. Poseidon insisted Hephaestus should use the real sword for no other hero would ever be worthy of wielding his son's sword. Everyone agreed.

However, the most prominent feature of the statue was the face. Half of it showed Percy's troublemaker smile and the happy glint in his eye he had before the wars, while the other half showed the fierce warrior Percy became when he was protecting his family.

The statue stood in the center of the Camp Half-Blood cabins with a Celestial Bronze plaque listing Percy's titles and achievements as the savior of Olympus. The campers were allowed to refer to the statue as whatever they wanted, though if it was disrespected in any way, the speaker was expected to be turned into a patch of kelp. Knowing the humble hero he was, the campers refused to call Percy's statue anything that truly displayed all he had done. Instead, in memory of his last month of life and his last heroic act protecting his home, the statue simply became known as...

The Lone Guardian.

Meanwhile, in the Underworld

A boy with messy black hair and eyes as green as the sea smiled and tossed a golden drachma to Charon before walking to the judge's pavilion. He stood before the judges in silence as they looked at his life through his memories. He only caught glimpses of the adventures they watched: the lightning bolt, the sea of monsters, the titan's curse, the battle of the Labyrinth, the last Olympian, and all the rest.

Finally, the memories stopped and the judges stared at him in awe.

"Elysium," they said in unison. The boy smiled and nodded. He made his way to the gates of Elysium to see they were already open with a crowd of people, his family, standing in the entrance waiting for him.

However, the lone figure of a girl with blond princess curls and stormy gray eyes stood in front of the others. The boy walked forward until he was standing inches from the girl he loved.

"Hey, Wise Girl," he said with a grin as a tear slid down his cheek.

"Hey, Seaweed Brain," the girl replied, shedding a tear of her own. Suddenly, the two embraced in a tight hug.

"I missed you so much, Annabeth," the boy whispered hoarsely.

"I missed you, too, Percy," Annabeth whispered back. Percy and Annabeth pressed their lips together, pouring every ounce of the love they shared into the kiss.

When they finally separated, Percy wrapped Annabeth's hand with his own and joined the family he lost at long last as the gates of Elysium gently closed behind them.

-Fin-

Thank you to all of my readers. I hope you enjoyed The Lone Guardian.