Beatrix; Marionette

The second Beatrix saw the purple-suited man holding her dice balloon, she immediately didn't like him.

"What do you want?" Beatrix said distastefully. Her long hair was frizzy, and she was sure her cheeks were dark red, as they normally were when she got mad.

"Well, I just want you to come with me on a walk down the hall," Dave pointed toward the hall in the back. "I have a surprise if you do!"

His words got to Beatrix. She actually reached out to the man. "Can I hold it?" The man handed her the dice, and her eyes lit up.

Despite her thin body, she was the strongest of the friends; the glue; without her, Ian and Jaxon would be long gone; she was brave; convincing; and most of all, she was loyal.

She had never left James' side, even if she needed to. She hated leaving people, as her mom had done to her. Her mom had left her in the snow, where she had almost died of hypothermia.

As the man took her and James down the hall, he put Beatrix in a room, while he said, he was talking to James. She believed him. Though Beatrix was strong, she was also very weak. She never knew when there were lies, even if they were obvious.

Beatrix sat down. She traced the tile on the floor. As she got closer to the wall, something sharp cut her off guard. She looked up and saw an axe. She didn't know what it was for, maybe emergencies? Who cared. Beatrix was a kid. She didn't have to worry.

A few seconds later, Dave entered the room with James in his arms. "Well, looks like you found my little toy," he laughed. "Well, now your little friend will have to die!"

Dave shoved James against the wall and grabbed his axe. He held it above him, and right before he hit James, Beatrix jumped in between them.

As soon as Beatrix was on the floor, Dave shoved her in a corner as he heard footsteps. He looked at James. He was petrified. His best friend had just saved his life. Again.