My Scarecrow

I woke up from the door banging, I pick myself off the floor to unlock it. In bursts my fiancé, Alex Cooper, seething with rage. His greasy blonde hair is all cover his red face, hands turn to fists with white knuckles, and legs taking predatorial steps forward. As he pushes me to the ground he gets in my face, practically growling like an animal, "Get. Up. Now! You worthless dumb bitch." He stands up, shouting at me, "So I told you to clean the house last night. And I wake up and you want to know what I find? BEER BOTTLES! EMPTY! All over MY floor in MY house." This is pointless, i think to myself, he always does this. It's HIM who passes out drunk night and day. Next thing i know is that i back on the ground, my jaw is throbbing as well as my throat. So Alex punches me in the jaw then strangles me? How did it get like this?

Alex slams me on the ground then leans down on my ear. He whispers, "Tell anyone about this and I kill them, then you're next." His voice dripping with a mix of venom and pure hatred. "Oh and cover those bruises up, you disgust me." Then I watch, from the floor, as he stands and walks away, loudly closing the door as he goes.

I get up to assess my injuries in the bathroom connected to the bedroom. I look horrible. Black and blue handprint shaped bruises cover my neck and cheek. And my body in general. My skin is very pale and littered with scars, my grey eyes appear hollow, my midnight black hair tangled from restless sleep, and my weight ugh. I am so malnourished that my ribs stick out, as well as my wrist bones. Alex tells me I'm too fat and don't deserve to eat. Sometimes I believe him....

I jump in the shower and get ready for work. I think about my job as a psychologist at Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane as i dry my hair. I've always had a fetish for extreme personalities, I suppose. I put on the outfit i laid out last night. A brown blouse with a black pencil skirt, brown rights, and black heels. I add a smokey eye shadow for my makeup with eyeliner and mascara. I try to cover up my bruises and scars the best i can. Concealer, foundation, concealer, foundation, more concealer...

I run down to the car after sneaking by Alex on the way out. Strapping myself in and starting the car, I turn on My Chemical Romance and listen to The Ghost of You and Cemetary Drive from Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. I finally pull up to Arkham Asylum and analyse the building, taking it all in.

It looked old and creepy...my kind of place! I love horror, even gore! I'm absolutely in love with Steven King, Dean Koontz, and Anne Rice. And Edgar Allen Poe of course but he's a poet, obviously.

I look around the outside of the building....

__________________________

I only own the main character Gwen Grey, who will meet Johnny in the next chapter, and Alex Cooper. Comment if you want to continue.

Sorry if it's bad. This is my first story on the internet and bat man villain story.

-A.H.