Chapter 7

So here it is!

__________________________

Gwen's POV:

I took a step back from the door so I didn't get slammed in the face and thrown on the ground. Well that's a plus. It was Alex, smelling drenche in alcohol. I don't know why I expect any different anymore.

He grabs my bandaged neck, I wince slightly in pain the put on my best poker face. Alex's breathe and stubble brush against my throat as he pins me against the wall, "Where have you been Baby?" He asks using a fake sweet voice. Why does he do this? "Well I'm talking to you!?!" He roars and slaps me. Yup, there's the Alex I know. "I was at work."I said quietly. "Oh" was all he said. Then he walks away.

I walk into my room. I look in the mirror perched on my vanity. Those bruises are going to be hard to cover. At least there aren't alot of them. I sigh as i hear Alex going on a drunken rampage. I laid down in bed. More battered, beaten, and broke than last night. "What's the point anymore?" I whisper to myself in the dark room as a few tears leak out of my eyes.

I cry myself to sleep again, dreaming about Johnny...

__________________________

The next morning...

I head to Arkham, jamming out in my car to My Chemical Romance and Crown the Empire. I managed to sneak out without Alex waking up and had rewrapped my bandages in the bathroom. Locking my car, I walked into the Asylum passing the receptionist and guards, heading to my office. When I walked in I saw two flowers, in a frosted glass vase on my desk. One was orange and one was black. Amazingly they were roses. It was breathtaking how they stood out against the bare white walls. I looked closer and saw a little orange care with black writing on it. It said, "Get well soon. And don't worry, no one is going to hurt you again.

-JC

P.s. come visit me sometime."

Aw. That is so sweet. I wonder why he would do that for me. I mean, we talked alot but it'a only been two days.

...it seems like a lifetime though...

__________________________

An hour later...

It was finally time for my new patient's session. As if on que, The Mad Hatter himself walks in with guards trailing him. He stops to look at me, "Are you my Alice?" He asks. I look at the floor unsure of what to say, "Umm no my name is Gwen. Gwen Grey. I'm your new doctor." I say shyly and manage a small smile at him. He is disappointed slightly but then smiles again, "Scarecrow and Absoleum were talking about you!"he exclaimed. I raised an eyebrow, "What did they say?" I asked curiously. He just made a zipping motion with his hands and pretends to throw away a key. "So Dorothy..."he begins but I ask, "Dorothy? Why did you call me Dorothy?" I inquire. He shoots me a goofy grin, "Because Scarecrow likes yyyyooouuuu!!!!" He practically yells. I blush and look away. He just giggles like a child. "Hehehehahaha! Oh Dorothy, you are as red as the queen!" He laughs. I just blush more and grin.

Then we start talking. Well he talks. Alot. He talks about Alice in Wonderland. We talk for hours. He is my only patient today so I have alot of time. I like him. But not like I like Johnny.

No I dont.

Yes I do.

No I dont.

Yes I do.

Even Hatter calls me Dorothy now! Plus the flowers!

It doesn't matter anyway. He would reject me. Why would he like a girl covered in scars? A girl battered, bruised, and beaten? An ugly girl. Plus Alex would be furious. I hate Alex. But I'm stuck with him. I let a few tears fall silently, Hatter looks up suprised. "Why Dorothy dear, are you crying?" He asks with concern. "Sorry, I was just thinking. It'a not important. Plus we are here to talk about you, not me." I say with a small smile as my tears dry. He looks unconvinced and like he wants to hug me. "I can take acouple minutes to talk about you. It'a only fair because I've talked for hours about me." He said seriously. I reluctantly agreed, "Okay you can't tell anyone," I said and he nodded, "well I kinda like John- I mean Scarecrow." I told him. He jumped up grinning and was about to hug me when the cuffs on the couch pulled him back. Hatter looked sad for a second but recovered quickly. "Hatter, why are you so happy?" I asked curiously. "Because...", he said, "Scarecrow'a in love with you Dorothy." He said simply.

I was filled with so many emotions at once. Then the guards came in and told us for the last time that Hatter had to leave. They dragged him out shouting down the hallway, "Bye Dorothy! See you later!" I stuck my head out the door and waved my hand at him, his smile grew.

I plopped back on the couch for acouple minutes. Well, time to go to Johnny Boy and Scarecrow. I got up and headed out my office door, down the hall...

__________________________

Sorry it is so short. The next one should be longer. Goodnight snowflakes!

-A.H.