Chapter 21

We didn't get back to my place until eleven. We had the most passionate sex we've ever had before, and now it's the next day and we're at a car dealership for him to get a new car.

He's doing all the work. I was kinda just driver.

So he's looking at a 2012 Nissan Rogue. It's an SUV, Liam said it's a six cylinder engine, that it's perfect interior, and only has thirty thousand miles on it. It's a blue gray color and I'm in love with it.

I'm sitting around waiting.

"Hey, sweetheart?" He asks.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"What do you think? It's automatic."

I laugh.

I honestly rather automatic.

Like, I like manual and all, but I'd rather automatic.

"I like it."

"Well..." He hesitates. "I don't want it, I want a manual. They don't have manuals, and I know you don't like manuals..." He trails off.

I look at him.

"Just say it, Liam. We're getting married." I remind him.

He smiles. "I think you should pass me the title to your Elantra and we switch cars."

"So I get the Nissan and you get the Hyundai?"

"Yeah."

"I don't want to dump my car on you."

"You're not. You're just giving it to me. And I want it. You get your automatic and I get my maual. Everyone wins."

"Are you sure?" I ask. He nods. "Okay."

<><>

I fell in love all over again. This time, instead of it being with my fiancé, it's with my new car. Liam is so excited about getting my car, and I'm obsessed with my Nissan.

I'm so happy. I don't have to shift. I don't have to do anything.

I'm loving life, heading down Belcher on my way home from the mall in Tarpon Springs.

I was planning on shopping until it got dark, but around sixish, Liam called me and begged me to come home, so now I'm heading there.

I hear my family in the background, and he swore up and down that he was at my apartment, so I'm suspicious.

Actually, I'm nervous.

I'm at a lght now, so I text him.

Me: I'm at Belcher and Nursery. What's going on?

His reply is immediate.

Baby: Nothing, don't text and drive.

Me: I'm at a red light, I'm not texting and driving, I'm texting and waiting.

Liam: well don't do that either

I laugh quietly and put my phone down because the light changes.

I start driving again, taking Belcher all the way to NE Coachmen. I take a right and rush down the street. I turn roughly into the apartment complex.

I drive to my building, and I park.

Judging by the cars, Liam's entire family and my entire family, and Willow are here.

Nervous, I get out with my purse and lock my car, and I walk in the apartment.