Chapter 34

Liam broke a lamp.

He scared the shit out of me. This happened like, twenty minutes ago.

One second, he was telling how annoyed he was and how much of a dick Logan is, and the next, he sent the lamp flying into the wall and was yelling at me, nt mad at me, but mad at Logan, and he said, "I swear to god, if he lays one fucking eye on you or on anyone, I'll fucking kill him!"

I almost cried.

I've never seen him that angry before.

He locked himself in the bathroom, and I cleaned up the glass, and now the whole house is silent, and I'm just sitting on the kitchen counter, trying to figure out what to do.

I hear the bathroom door in our bedroom open, and then the bedroom door.

Silently, he walks into the kitchen, and he just stands a few feet from me, watching me.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that."

"It's okay." I say quietly. "I've lashed out before. Let me see your hand."

He wrapped it in a rag.

He has three violent gashes.

I grab the first aid kit and douse his hand in alcohol.

He gasps, and his eyes darken with pain and his jaw clenches, and he doesn't say a word for almost three minutes.

"I'm sorry." I mumble.

I use tweezers to carefully remove the glass, and then I use three princess bandaids and some Neosporin, and I put them on his hand.

"There." I whisper, putting everything away. "All better."

He smiles.

"I'm sorry, Abs."

"It's alright baby." I say, running my fingers through his hair. I'm on the counter and he's between my legs now.

<><>

We bought that house in Brookings, and we've been moved in for a good three months. Everyone moved with us, and Liam calmed down about Logan, and life is normal.

I feel bad, because we haven't had sex in like, two weeks.

I'm just not really in the mood lately. I don't know why. We opened the business here in Brokings with the car wash and the detailing and everything, and I'm sitting on the couch. It's October 7th today. I'm bored, scrolling through my apps, and my eyes rest on a purple one.

My Days.

And I realize I haven't had my period in like, two months.

Slowly, I sit up.

Oh my god.

I remember throwing up the past three days. I thought I was getting a stomach flu or something.

I remember the cramping, my back hurting...

Me not wanting sex.

My heart is pounding.

Oh my god.

Liam won't be home for another two hours.

Panicked, I take the Nissan, which Liam had fixed, and I drive to Walgreens, and I get three different pregnancy tests.

I already have to pee, so I go home and I pee on the sticks, and I set them on the counter.

We've discussed kids. We already decided we could have them whenever. That we're both financially stable.