Chapter 28

She was sitting on the kitchen counter in a thong, staring at the fridge.

We didn't clean out her fridge. We cuddled all night.

We overslept though, and she woke up to her phone.

Her boss from the pet store was calling to tell her that she was fired for skipping work.

She's pacing around the living room, fully dressed, her hands knotted in her hair, staring at her pile of bills on the coffee table.

I've offered her money.

I've offered her everything I can, but she keeps declining.

"I'm going for a drive." She mumbles.

"Abby," I sigh.

She ignores me and walks out.

ABBY'S POV

I drove around and ended up at Walmart again, and now I'm driving, trying to figure out what I'm going to do.

I'm startled to find myself parked, not in front of my parents house, but Zeke's.

All the guys are here anyways.

I'm literally ready to kill myself.

What better place to go than family?

All the guys' cars are here.

I get out, holding my keys tightly in my hand, and I don't knock on his door, I just let myself in.

All the guys are here, except Liam.

Zeke is here, and Mason, Shaun, Brody, Max, Mike, and Drew.

They all look up.

"Abby?" Zeke asks.

I shut the front door.

"Sorry, I should've knocked."

"It's alright. I'm sorry, okay?"

"It's fine. I don't give a shit about that anymore. You guys are family. Whatever."

ZEKES POV

She's pacing.

I'm worried.

"Abby, are you alright? Where's Liam?"

"I left him at my apartment. I-I-I-I need to rant to somebody that isn't going to offer to help me."

Mason sits up.

"Well we can't promise we won't offer, but rant away."

She takes a deep breath.

"I'm so fucking stressed. I fucking- I overslept today, and I got fired, so what little money I had coming in is gone. I've got fifty two dollars in savings. All my bills are already a month late. The electric bill is two months late, and I got all my bills in the mail today. I'm trying to plan this wedding, which I don't have any money for! I'm going to lose my apartment, and the car, plus my credit is going to be shit! I don't know what the hell to do! And Liam just offers to let me move in with him, or to help me pay, but no, I can't let him do that, which means I'm going to be the failed twenty-four-year-old moving back in with her parents. My sister is more successful than I am. It's a struggle to get out of bed. I'm so depressed from it. I literally wanted to drive off a fucking bridge today. I don't know what to do!"

Liam said Abby was stressed.

I didn't know it was this bad.

"And even worse, I'm getting that urge I had back in high school for drugs again."