Everything I Didn't Say

Jonathan's P.O.V.

Jonathan walked through the front door of his new apartment with his bags tight in his grip, he closed and locked the door behind him before making his way into the kitchen. He flipped the switch on the wall for the lights to turn on, he then made his way toward the stainless steel fridge to grab a bottle of water, he leaned back against the granted counter as he pondered in his thoughts after a three-two loss against the St. Louis Blues in round two, game seven of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Jonathan was devastated, he was disappointed in himself that he let down his team, his friends, his family, the fans.

The fans were everything to Jonny, if it wasn't for them he wouldn't be where he's at now.

If only I made that shot, if only I made that pass, if only I pushed myself harder..

All these if's were exhausting the Captain.

After a quick shower, Jonathan changed into a cozy pair of gray pajama pants and a white cotton t-shirt, his feet shuffled quietly against the hardwood floors in his room as he grabbed his phone of the dresser. He climbed into the empty, cold bed and scrolled through his Twitter feed.

There wasn't much, he just read the supportive tweets he was mentioned in by the fans.

A sigh escaped his lips as the night got later, he reached over the bedside table, opened the top drawer and pulled out a piece a paper that he reads every night before bed.

A piece of paper that made him smile and his heart ache all at the same time.

Everything I didn't say

Dear Jonathan,
I know times have been rough between the two of us and I know that you have of your own way of dealing with it. But I just wanted to let you know that I'm here for you, I always will be no matter what. Even if you're really, really angry. Whatever happens between us I know that God has a plan and he'll see us through, I'm sorry if I'm not enough or if I'm too much. But please do not hesitate to call or text me whenever you're down, okay?
Always know that you're on my mind and in my heart, I love you, Captain.
- Jamie.

And just like that tears filled the eyes of Jonathan, a sad, broken smile was placed on the lips of the Captain. He knew that she still loves him even though they've been broken apart for quite sometime now.

He wanted her back, he wanted to feel her love again, but he wasn't sure if she'd take him back because he caused too much damage for Jamie to even consider taking him back.

There was one thing Jonathan was one hundred percent sure of;

Jamie still loves Jonathan and Jonathan still loves Jamie.

Nothing will ever change that..

Unexpected
(a "Somebody To You" sequel)

Starring:

Lucy Hale as Jamie Smith