Chapter Five: Still Falling for You

A/N: it is recommended to listen to listen to Still Falling for You by Ellie Goulding :) enjoy.

Press Play

Jonathan's P.O.V.

After a week of training and practicing for the World Cup of Hockey, the tournaments were about to begin and everyone was excited. Patrick and I both had games today, his was this afternoon and my game was later this evening so the two of us decided to have breakfast together before things get hectic.

"Where's the girls?" I asked Patrick as we both sat down.

"Ryan was working out and Jamie was still asleep." Patrick replied as he looked over the menu.

"Still asleep?" I raised my eyebrow. "Does she know that it's media day today and that she has to be there?"

"She knows, she was just up all night last night. Jamie had another attack" Patrick responded calmly while still looking at the menu.

It's like he was used to it already, like it was a normal thing to him.

"Why didn't anyone come to get me?" I was a bit offended that Jamie went to Patrick instead of coming to me.

Then again, she just started talking to me.

"Jamie said if that happens to her while she's here, she doesn't want to burden you with her problem. She takes her meds and she's fine."

"What made the attack happen?"

"She has PTSD man, any small detail can trigger it off." Patrick finally looked at me. "Hey are you okay?"

His facial expressions were full of concern once he caught s glimpse of mine.

"She has PTSD?"

I was in complete shock, I didn't know she had to go through this every single day of her life.

"Yeah, she has it pretty bad.... You didn't know?" The concerned expression left his face and now it was full of regret.

"No, I didn't.. that must suck for her."

"Ah, shit. Don't tell her I told you, she really doesn't want anyone to know. The only reason I know is because I overheard Ryan and Emily's conversation with her."

"No don't worry, I won't tell."

At this point I wanted to get up and check on her but I couldn't, I was afraid she changed from the day before, I was afraid that she was pretending to like me again, I was afraid she still hated me.
-------

It was time for the teams to speak with the press about the tournament, each table was surrounded with people waiting for us to speak. I made my way to podium and sat down, I searched through the dozen of faces in front of me and found Jamie's gorgeous features; her small, tiny frame was clothed in a white and blue cotton dress that tied at her waist, she stood tall in a pair of white pumps that showed off her sexy legs, her hair was still short with neat waves that had blonde high and lowlights running through her dark brown locks, she had her signature natural makeup on with a bold lip color that looked incredible with her smile.