Chapter Two: Goodbye for Now

Jamie's P.O.V.

"Jamie." A small voice called my name as they shook me.

I pulled the covers over my head and turned to the other side, I was not in the mood for waking up today.

"Jamie wake up." The small voice was louder and the person shook me harder.

I grumbled softly as I turned around to find Vanessa all dressed up and ready to go somewhere.

"It's Saturday Vanessa, no work for me today."

Vanessa pulled the blanket down and glared at me with her hands on her hips.

"Don't you remember what we do every Saturday morning?"

I rubbed my face and sighed heavily, I knew exactly what we do every Saturday morning since Eddie's passing. I'm fine with it ninety-nine percent of the time but today I was just feeling so down and out of it, and I didn't even get out of bed yet.

"Yeah, yeah, give me ten minutes and we can go."

"I'll be waiting in the living room." Vanessa gave me a big smile and walked out of the room we shared together.

I got out of bed and reached for my phone on the dresser, I checked my notifications to see two calls and text messages; one from Ryan and one from Emily.

Ryan(other bae)😘💕: call me when you get the chance, k?
Delivered 8:02 am

Emily(bae) 😘💕: you up?
Emily(bae)😘💕: I wanna hang out later, maybe do some shopping. Let me know!
Delivered 9:30 am

I decided to call Ryan first to see if everything was alright, her message was a bit suspicious to me. I waited after four rings until she finally picked up.

"Patrick I swear to god if you don't stop... Hey."

"Hey, is everything alright?" I ask as I started to make the bed.

"Yeah, why?"

"You sent a text saying call me when you get the chance at eight in the morning."

"Oh, I thought you were up and just wanted to check up on you." She replied sincerely.

"I'm fine, just tired that's all. What's up?"

"Nothin' much, just heading out with Patty."

"Where are you guys going?"

"Cake tasting, dress alterations."

I could tell Ryan had a huge grin on her face, it was weird that Patrick and Ryan were tying the knot, not like in a bad way just like.. I feel like everything is going to change and I'm scared.

"Sounds like fun, hey I gotta get going say hi to Pat for me."

"Okay, smell ya later."

"Laters."

After the line went dead I went into the bathroom and took a quick shower, hurrying myself before Vanessa would kill me.

I got dressed in some shorts, a v-neck t-shirt and slipped on my black converse, I quickly ran my brush through my short hair and left it wavy. I grabbed my purse, my phone and my keys and headed out to the living room.

"Let's go, kiddo."

"Mom! We're leaving!"

"Okay, be careful!"

"We will!" Vanessa and I said in unison.

As soon as Vanessa and I got buckled up I pulled out of the driveway and drove off while calling to Emily.