Chapter Twelve: All Over Again

Warning: contains graphic sexual content.
-------

Jamie's P.O.V.

Summer was starting to kick off for us this time around, Jonathan and I just got back to Chicago after a two week vacation to California, we did a lot of sightseeing, a lot of hiking, wine tasting, late nights out, literally everything a normal girl my age should be doing. It was actually really fun to get out of Illinois for a while.

We were back in town for the NHL Draft, since it was being held at the UC there was this huge fan fest going on in the parking lot across the street and Jonathan, along with Kaner was part of the festivities. I spent half of my free time back home looking for a new apartment in my budget range, so far no luck, the other half I was working at the Hilltop Diner for some extra cash while on break from the hockey writing world.

I was working at the Diner today, it was lunch hour and the place was packed. I've upgraded from a table cleaner to a waitress because I really needed the money, I mean don't get me wrong, being a journalist pays a good amount of money it's just nice to have something extra so I know I won't be broke.

"Hi, how are you all doing today?" I greeted my next table of customers, a family of four.

"We're doing good, you?" The mother responded.

"Good, thanks. my name is Jamie and I'll be your server for today. Can I start you off with something to drink?"

"Orange juice all around, please." The dad answered.

"Sure thing, I'll be back with your drinks." I smiled at the family and made my way to the back.

I glanced at the time on a clock that hung above the orange juice machine and sighed in relief, my shift was close to an end. Being a waitress was an okay job, you meet new and interesting people but there are also the obnoxious diners that yell at you for no reason and I'm constantly on my feet.

After I finished waiting my last three tables I was finally done as I stood at the cash register ringing up my last customer.

"Thank you, have a great day." I said to a man who was about in his mid forties.

"Can I get my girl to go?" Jonathan greeted me as he walked up to the counter.

"Nope, sorry, we're closed." I teased him with a small smile.

"The sign says open twenty four hours." Jon stated with a chuckle. "Nice uniform."

I looked down at my black pants, apron and white men shirt with my named embroidered on it and chuckled. The restaurant's uniforms were pretty outdated, I couldn't do much about it.

"Sorry my uniform isn't as cool as yours. Nice disguise by the way, very incognito."

Jonathan would try his best to avoid causing a scene when we were out together, it never worked.

"Could never go wrong with a baseball cap and sunglasses."

"You're such a dummy, let's go."

Jonathan drove us to a park nearby, he had a picnic planned for today, we sat under a tree that had the right balance of shade and sunlight for us. His picnic basket contained fruit, various expensive cheeses, some crackers, a bottle of wine, and a chocolate pudding cup for me. His back sat against the tree while I sat in between his legs, we watched the other people in the park jog, two friends playing frisbee, a man and his dog playing fetch, and a woman with her son blowing bubbles. It was the most relaxing thing I've ever done.

"Did you find anything?" Jonathan asked as he popped a grape into his mouth.

"There's a studio apartment in Skokie that isn't too bad, pretty big and spacious for the price." I answered him.