Chapter Six: Back to Normal, Part One.

A/N: ugh I haven't updated this in forever i am sooo sorry i am trying so hard to update everything please forgive me. there's going to be a new chapter of hide away out really soon, but in the meantime please enjoy this chapter of unexpected and vote and comment. thank you all so much <3

Jonathan's P.O.V.

~~~

"Why do I have to sit by you on the plane?" Jamie asked, obviously annoyed.

"Because Ryan gave me strict orders." I replied with a small laugh.

"Since when do you listen to Ryan?"

"Does it matter?"

Jamie didn't say anything, she just rolled her eyes and groaned softly as we waited to board our flight back to Chicago, after Team Canada's World Cup win and celebration it was time to get back home to work on the upcoming season and going back to normal by getting Jamie to be mine again.

We spent some time together in Toronto and it made me realize what I did was an absolute mistake, I needed her back in my life, I needed her to be mine again.

"Jonathannnn." Jamie whined with her head thrown back in frustration.

"Whatttt?" I asked, getting up from my seat.

"I can't put my bag in the overhead compartment."

"Too short?" I snorted.

"Too short." Jamie mocked my voice.

"You're so childish." I shook my head and laughed.

I loved the way she acted, I loved her personality, she was a grown adult but she has the heart of a child, the mind of a little girl.

A lovable, caring, forgiving, fragile little girl.

"Oh shut up Toes, just because we're sitting together doesn't mean we're besties."

It hurt that she was bitter toward me, but it was my own fault.

"What if we don't have to be best friends right away?"

"What do you mean?" She looked at me, her eyes narrowed.

"We'll start off slow, start off new, like this," I looked at her with a charming smile that I know she would love and cleared my throat. "Hi, I'm Jonathan Toews, it's spelled T-O-E-W-S but pronounced as Taves, T-A-V-E-S. Nice to meet you."

Jamie rolled her eyes but gave in with a small giggle.

"Jamie Smith, spelled J-A-M-I-E."

"Well Miss Smith, I'm glad I get to spend my flight sitting next to you."
-----

Jamie and I collected the last piece of our luggage and strolled out into the cold Chicago night, Jamie was walking toward a cab until I stopped her.

"Where are you going?" I yelled out.

"Home!" She replied as she shrugged with a smile.

God, I love that smile.

"I got an Uber, let me take you home."