Chapter 1

She pulled her knees a little more, resting her forearms on her tights, she replaced her headphones and increased the volume of the music. The curtains were flying in the breeze rushing through the open window. Jessy put her cell on the bed. She sighed heavily, turning her gaze to the clouds in the sky. She couldn't see much because her glasses were on the nightstand. Anyway, the day wasn't sunny. It wasn't worth the trouble to move to another city. It rains here too. The melancholy music made her even more morose.

Her stuff were still in her bags. The girl didn't feel at home. And she didn't intend to stay there very long. Therefore it wasn't forth storing all then have to start over. But her family wasn't thinking the same thing. It was for this reason that her father had sent her there. He said he wanted to protect her. She didn't need to be protected.

"Why aren't you ready?" a voice from the doorway asked. "It's time to go."

"I'm not going," the girl replied without moving.

Margo entered the room. She sat on the corner of the bed, a sorry smile on the lips.

"I know you don't want to come live with me."

The girl said nothing. Margo seemed to have prepared a whole speech, but she was unable to say it. Her niece didn't really give her a chance since her arrival. Her brother needed her help and she agreed without understanding what she was getting into. Having no children – or a teen, Margo did whatever she could to make her life a little easier. Still, she got along very well with teenagers from the school where she worked as a supervisor. Why was it so hard with her niece? She was her family!

"I... I'm doing my best, you know. So meet me halfway, please. I can't do it alone."

"Don't ask me to be happy," Jessy replied, turning to her aunt.

"I know. So if you don't feel ready to face the outside world, okay. I can understand that it's not easy for you. Spend the say here, if you want. But tomorrow, I will drag you to school if it's necessary."

Jessy looked up at the ceiling.

"But promise me one thing."

"What?"

"You're going outside. Okay?"

"I can try."

"You've been here for a week. You could make an effort to make it work."

"My father paid you for you to tell me that?"

Margo shook her head, sorry for the lack of confidence of her niece. Yes, her brother would give her money to bear the expenses of his daughter. He didn't want his sister to pay for Jessy. Margo wasn't doing it for money.

"I don't even want to answer that question," she preferred to answer.

"He pays you, right?"

"Money is only for your expenses. I'm on your side, Jess. Not your enemy."

"That's what you're saying."

"And it's not a lie, but you'll understand. Don't forget your promise. I'll make sure that your file is arrived."

A small smile on her lips, Jessy reached for her aunt.

"Since you get the money for me, I need new clothes to look good on my first day of school."

Smiling back, Margo shrugged, answering her:

"Do you remember the bag I brought you?"

"Yes..."