Chapter 11

She felt a shiver go up along her spine. What was happening? She didn't understand the change of personality of her friend. Her sinister smile froze her blood.

"I don't really know what you're talking about."

Jessy stepped back a few paces.

"I... I'm leaving... Don't count on me, okay?"

Hands landed on her shoulders and pushed her forward. She lost her balance and fell face down on the ground. She managed to put her hands in front of her, but the shock was still hard. Patterns etched into the bridge imprinted in the palms of her hands. She gave a little moan, rising slightly. Nelly was behind her, a huge smile on her lips. Jessy was beginning to regret Celia and her aunt's advice. Even Julian warned her. Maybe she should listen to them...

"What is wrong with you people?" Jessy exclaimed, kneeling. "Have you lost your mind or what?"

"There are just a few changes to our plan," Anick said, shrugging. "Something's wrong? I'm sure you'll like them!"

They're crazy...! She got on her feet, but she didn't like the twist that was taking the situation. She hated to admit it, but Margo was right. Something was wrong with them. Anick took a step forward, pointing the noose.

"This rope," she announced, "will be around your neck, even if you like it or not."

"I hope you're kidding!"

"Nobody laughed," Nelly said.

Jessy frowned, shaking her head.

"It was you..." she mumbled, understand everything. "The other girl, it was you. Isn't it?"

"Bravo!" Nelly exclaimed, applauding. "She finally understand!"

"I can't say I was really disappointed when you dumped him," Anick said, "but he didn't forget about you. And for some reason, he decided to win you back. To impress you, you know?"

"I did nothing..."

"He died because of you," the girl cut, grimacing.

Her smile disappeared completely. Her face expressed such rage... They both keep me responsible for Martin's death. Because they were friends, both girls were supporting each other. Could Jessy had the chance to convince them otherwise? She suspected not. She felt less comfortable. Anick made again a movement toward her while Nelly tittlered behind her.

"Just imagine that it is a necklace," Anick laughed.

"Just a little too tight," Nelly said.

"As if I'd let you hang me!" Jessy retorted, panicked. "I'm not stupid!"

"Yet," Anick replied, smiling, "it wouldn't be surprising. With all the medication you swallow... A suicide..."

"I've never thought about that."

Nelly put her hands on the Young girl's shoulders.

"It's never too late," she said in a mocking tone.

The two girls began to laugh. Then Nelly backed up slightly. From the corner of her eye, Jessy coudl see her taking off her phone. She motioned to her friend, but Anick didn't budge.

"The boys want to know what is going on," Nelly sighed, walking toward her friend.

"So what?"

"Let's go to the next step, okay?"

"Not now. I haven't finished yet."

Jessy frowned, eyes wandering between the two girls. Again, something was happening and she didn't understand. Nelly's attitude had also changed, being less aggressive. She pointed the noose, shaking her head.