Him and I (5)

Aragorn's POV

I dreaded this awful meeting. I did not want her to follow me. She did not deserve the pain I was headed towards and I would not allow that to happen. The Fellowship was established before my very eyes. I could not tell her what had taken place. The only person I could confide in was Arwen. The woman who had my heart from the moment I met her. I wandered around until I found her. We walked to the garden and stood apart from each other on the small bridge.

"Why do you find it important to speak with me?" she asked.

"If I were to have spoken with Sage, she would have followed me. I cannot let that happen," I said.

"This is something you must tell her. What we have must end once you leave," she said.

Before she could answer, I kissed her. It was an impulsive action that I should not have acted on, but when my lips met hers I felt the same tenderness we shared so many times before. I caressed her face and pursued the kiss even further, wanting to keep her lips upon mine. She broke away and looked behind me, Sage.

Before I ran out of the garden, Arwen gave me her necklace in remembrance of her. I looked at it and left. Sage needed me the most. When I arrived at her door it was locked. I kicked it open and found a note on a nearby dresser.

'Don't chase after me, I will make it back safe.'

I slammed my fist down on the table and felt it echo within the wood. I fought back the tears that were stinging behind my eyes. I had to find her.

Sage's POV

Leaving was easy, but surviving was difficult. Each noise sounded as if I was being followed by someone, or something. I was skilled at surviving on my own, but not in a foreign place. I could only rely on my instincts.

Once the sun went down and the moon came out, I made camp. There were plenty of trees for wood and shelter. I reached back into my backpack and opened the last snack bar I had. I leaned against a tree and heard footsteps behind me. I shot up like a rocket and drew my pocket knife. I turned around and came face to face with Boromir. I had never talked to him in person, but I knew who he was from the books.

I put my knife away and asked him why he was following me. His response was that he was curious as to why I was leaving and wanted to ensure my safety. I allowed him to sit down with me, but I kept my distance. I did not trust him just yet.

We talked about each other and what was going to happen. He handed me a flask filled to the brim with whiskey and I drank about half of it. I was definitely tipsy and borderline drunk. I edged closer to him and he pulled me in closer. Our lips met and it felt like all the men before him. There was nothing special about it, but I wasn't going to stop him. His hands started to wonder and I couldn't help but let them continue. He gently laid me down on the ground and the rest was a blur.

Aragorn's POV

I ran until my legs could no longer carry me. The moon was high in the sky and the wolves were howling. Something caught my eyes. There was a fire in the distance and I felt the pit in my stomach drop. I knew that was her, but she would be dead in mere seconds with that fire burning so high.

Then I saw Boromir was there with her. Not just comforting her, but taking her. He wanted her all to himself. I did this.  I couldn't stand by and watch him take her. I erupted through the brush I was hiding behind and tackled him to the ground. I heard her scream, but I couldn't care less. I did it out of rage. I started to punch him in the face over and over again. I felt the rage inside slowly leave my body.

I got off of him, grabbed her wrist, and pulled her away with me. She stopped and pulled out of my grasp. I watched her turn around and run back to him. I gathered her things and made sure that he was still breathing, then I gently pulled her away from him and we walked back.