Chapter 1

-Chapter 1

"Woohoo! We have the rest of the day to ourselves!" my sister exclaimed throwing up her hands. "They left last night for a meeting and they won't be back until this evening! We should do something exciting while they are gone and while we still have freedom."

I rolled my eyes. "You do know mom and dad will find out about anything we do, right? Just because they are at a business meeting right now doesn't mean that they won't know what happens. Any one of the housekeepers might reveal anything we do. Besides, I need to study for my math test."

"You're no fun!" my sister shouted and she started pouting. Great, now she is trying to make me feel bad. "You never try to have fun. You're always studying and trying to make good grades. No wonder no guy wants to date you."

"What do you mean by no guy wants to date me?" I asked glaring at her. Of course guys want to date me! I'm lovable, nice, and usually just focus on my school work and my part time job. Okay, now I can see where this is getting at. "Just because I don't do anything fun doesn't mean that no one wants to date me."

"Let's just not worry about it. You're just going to make me do something really boring."

"I can have fun Lindsey!" I stated. I can be fun sometimes.

"No, you can't have fun Amy. Your definition of fun is studying and doing math homework." Lindsey turned away from me. "I just wish we could do something really fun like having some friends over, a few cute guys, and doing some dancing."

I sighed. "Fine, you can have a party Lindsey but don't pin it on me. It's all your idea."

"What? You're going to let me take the fall for it?"

"What else should I do? You're the one whining about me not being fun and you want to do something so do it," I replied standing up. "I am going to look in my closet for something to wear and you're going to go look in your closet and leave me alone about my wardrobe."

Lindsey laughed. "You are going to dress in something from your closet? Are you kidding me? Your clothing choices are terrible and it makes guys want to look away from you. Please let me help you get dressed in something that won't make guys run away from you."

"You can't possible do anything to make me want to wear something that isn't in my closet," I muttered out crossing my arms.

"Wanna bet?"

Lindsey walked over to her purse and pulled out her credit card. I looked at her in shock. No, she can't possibly want to buy me some new clothes. She knows I love my clothing!

"We're going to go shopping for something more party appropriate since you own nothing worth partying in. You are going to follow me to the nearest store for some hot outfits," she told me with a smile of on her face.

"How long will we be out?" I asked pulling out my cell phone.

"Why?"

"I am going to call our butler in and have him go out and do some shopping," I answered and I dialed our butler's, Jake Witt, number. "Hello?"

"Yes, what is it Ms. Chambers?" Jake's voice asked and I looked over at Lindsey.

"I want you to pick up some food and some drinks because Lindsey is going to invite a few friends over. Please don't tell my mom or dad about this please. I'm counting on you," I said.

"Okay, I will do so. Do you wish for me to set up the place for the party?"

I gasped. "What party? I didn't even say a thing about a party."