Chapter 2

-Chapter 2

“So, how was your day yesterday sweetie?” my mom asked me as I walked by her. “We are so sorry for making you rush to the airport yesterday only to leave you guys empty handed. We just thought you would want some alone time.”

“It’s okay mom,” I muttered out and I opened the refrigerator. “Do we have anything worth eating in this house that isn’t a snack?”

Lindsey laughed. “Sorry, we hardly have anything. Jake hasn’t done the shopping for us yet since he has been busy getting mom and dad settled back into their rooms. I have no idea why mom had to take a bunch of clothes with her for a short business meeting.”

“We all know I have to be dressed to fit in with the younger people of today,” mom stated. “Anyways, can someone answer my question about how you two were yesterday? I feel like I’m being left out of the loop. Someone please keep me in the loop.”

“We had a good time yesterday,” I said and I sat down. “Lindsey, can you hand me something to eat out of the bag? I don’t care what it is at this point. I’m starving.”

Lindsey handed me a bag of chips and I took it. “I think those are sour cream and onion chips,” she told me and she turned on the TV. “Okay, I’ll turn on the celebrity news station. It’s called Star Power and it’s just up and running. I know neither one of you know it so I just have to show it to you!”

Lindsey found the channel and I opened my bag of chips. Oh, I know you want me chips. You’re looking at me with you invisible chip eyes. You’re just begging for me to devour you and turn you into waste products.

“Yesterday, international pop star Jason Chae was spotted with a girl at the airport. When fans confronted him about it, Jason explained that it was his girlfriend he hasn’t seen in awhile. He says they barely see each other and he won’t give out her name or where she lives in order to provide her with privacy,” a blond haired lady said, snapping me out of my fantasy. My eyes fell on the TV monitor and I gasped.

“Lindsey!” I shouted and I smacked Lindsey’s arm. “That’s me in the picture!”

“I know,” Lindsey replied in complete shock.

“When did you start dating sweetie?” my mom asked and I groaned. “What? Why didn’t you tell me? I’m your mother and I should know these things.”

“Mom, I’m not dating anyone! I just tripped and fell into his arms,” I said and I looked over at my mom. “Besides, I didn’t even know who he was. I just knew his first name thanks to his fans shouting it out loud and asking why he was holding onto me.”

I looked at Lindsey and she turned off the TV. “Well, you’re now dating a world famous pop star. What kind of luck do you have in order to have that happen to you?”

“I didn’t do anything. We ran into him! I just thought he was just some guy but I guess he isn’t. Mom, I want you to find a lawyer so I can get ready to file a lawsuit against him. I am not going to let him destroy my life with some stupid lies about me being his girlfriend.”

“So you’re not dating him?”

“Mom!” I groaned.

“Sorry, I won’t ask again sweetheart. I will go and look for a good lawyer now. I wouldn’t want this guy causing trouble for us. I don’t care if he is some world famous idol,” my mom said and she pulled out her cell phone.

“Lindsey, I’m going to get on the iPad. I need to see what in the world has been going on after I left that airport.”

“Take me with you!”