Chapter 7

-Chapter 7

I tossed my bags onto the floor of the apartment and Jason stared at me with a questioning look. I smirked and I closed the door behind me. He shook his head and he picked up my bags from the ground. He turned away from me and started walking down the hallway.

“Do I make you feel strange at all?” I asked and he stopped. “My parents aren’t happy that I’m suddenly moving out of the house just to live with you.”

Jason turned to me. “You don’t make me feel strange. It’s just strange knowing that I’m sharing an entire apartment with a girl I barely even know. This is pretty exciting. Also, I opened up a twitter account for you. I have also paid for a new cell phone for you just for this, okay? You can make personal calls and what not as long as you don’t give it to people. I want you to tweet about things we do together and what you do, what you enjoy, and random fun things you think people will like. Please just be yourself.” He turned away again. “Yeah, I know that about your parents. Lindsey told me everything about how they feel about this.”

“At least we won’t be sharing the bed together. I want to make sure we have this clear between us got it? I want to sleep in my own bed away from your body and your personality.”

“I feel the exact same way.”

Jason started walking towards my room and he placed my bags inside the doorway. He walked back over to me and he looked over at the kitchen. He pointed to it and then to the couch.

“You’re hungry?” I tilted my head and he nodded. “Well, I’m not going to make you anything. I’m no house wife. You should learn how to make yourself some food.” I laughed and I walked over to the couch and sat on it. “This is nice! You should join me once you have your food done.”

“I am not going to make my own food. You have to learn how to cook for me so you can feed my family when they come to visit me here soon. They want me to have a great cook for a girlfriend so I suggest you learn some cooking.” Jason placed a hand into his pocket and pulled out a small piece of paper. “This is for you so you can read it and learn how to start making it.”

“I don’t want to cook anything!” I whined.

He laughed. “Sometimes you have to do things you don’t like.” He tossed the piece of paper at me and it fell to the floor, no it floated to the floor, and landed at my feet. “I’ll help you out with the cooking. I have no idea if you’ll mess it up or not so I rather make sure it doesn’t happen before it happens. Am I even making sense?”

“You rarely make sense.” I bent down and grabbed the paper and unfolded it. “I have never heard of this recipe before. What the heck is this?”

“It’s a dish my parents taught me when I was in Taiwan with them. It’s very tasty. It’s called Taiwanese Pineapple Tarts also known as Taiwanese Pineapple Shortcakes,” he explained and he smiled. “I hope you like tasty treats made with pineapples because my parents love them just as much as I do so you have to love it too.”

“I don’t mind pineapples.”

“Do you like them?”

“I’m not getting a choice right?”

He smiled. “You know me so well.”

“I just know that you want me to like some things you like in order to fit this mold you are making of me,” I replied. “Anyways, you have to teach me how to make this since I have no idea on what to do. The only kinds of food I can make without any issues are scrambled eggs, frozen dinners, and popcorn. I can also make myself a bowl of cereal.”

“And for all of that you can have a gold star,” he said with a chuckle and he pulled out some golden stickers. He picked one off the sheet of stickers and extended a hand towards my head, gently placing a sticker on my forehead.