4. TROUBLE AT MIDNIGHT

While Jared and I were collecting wood to build a fire we heard a weird noise; we decided to head back to the camp. He built the fire, put the food over the fire so it can cook while we made our spots to sleep.

While we were getting ready to eat, Jared hears the strange noise from when we were gathering fire wood. He rolled over, covered my mouth and tells me to be quiet so they don't find us. While we are begin quiet I hear whatever the creature was saying they mention a princess.

"We must find the princess, otherwise Lord Sevrin will be angry with us." One of the creatures said, with a hint of fear in his voice.

"Yes, we must find the daughter of Peter Williams, otherwise Lord Sevrin will have our heads." The other one said, with a concerned tone in his voice.

That's when I realize that it's me that they're talking about me because I'm the princess; that my father's name is Peter Williams. I begin to panic, realize that I'm really am in danger in the Underworld if I'm not careful. I then decide to trust Jared to take me to my mother. We decide to wait till morning to continue our journey to my mother's castle. That night neither one of us could get any sleep; I was so scared, Jared didn't even leave my side at all that night.

"I'm scared, Jared what will happen to me if they do find us?" I asked, with fear in my tone; voice.

"Lila, don't worry they'll have to go through me to get to you; even if they do find us they won't stand a chance against my magic or my will power to protect you; get you to your mother." Jared said, with a reassuring tone in his voice so I won't freak out or have another panic attack.

"Okay, Jared, I'm glad you're here to keep me safe." I said, with a kind tone in my voice.

"That's good to know Lila. I'm glad that I get to know you on this journey to your mother's castle. Lila, you should try to get some sleep while you can before we leave in the morning so it's easier for us to travel." He said, with a calm; kind tone in his voice. I just realized that his eyes are a hazel color that changes colors when he looks in the sunlight.

"Okay, Jared, wake me before the sun is up so I can help pack the stuff we need to survive; put the fire out so no one can follow us." I said, with a sleepy tone in my voice and before I knew it, I fell asleep in Jared's lap; he put his arms around me so I would feel safe.

It was morning, about seven hours later. Jared woke me up before the sun rose just like I had asked him to do.

"Lila, it's time to get up so we can get you to your mother before we get caught by whoever it was when we were gathering wood for the fire yesterday evening." He said, with a calm tone in his voice.

"Okay Jared, thank you for waking me up when I asked you to. Where did I fall asleep at last night?" I said, because I knew I was not in my spot the whole evening.

"You fell asleep on my lap, but you were tired so I let you sleep for a while before I moved you off of my lap; to your spot that you had made earlier last night." He said, with a kind tone in his voice.

"I fell asleep on your lap last night, but how did you not wake me up when you moved me to my spot which is on the other side of the camp fire?" I asked, seeming a bit shocked that I had fallen asleep on his lap last night.

"I moved you very carefully and quickly, but I didn't leave your side last night because you had a death grip on my arm; wouldn't let go so I stayed by you the whole night so you wouldn't wake up." He said, with a reassuring tone in his voice.

"You mean, you didn't leave my side while I was asleep last night. Jared, you're one of the nicest people that I have met in my life. Thank you for keeping me safe last night after I'd fallen asleep." I said, with a calm tone in my voice.

"You're welcome Lila. I hope maybe one day we can be more than just acquaintances. Lila, you are the first nice person that I have met in many years." He said, with a calm and reassuring tone in his voice.

We were finally out of the Fae Forest; almost to my mother's castle so I could finally meet her.

eN�:];��