Epilogue (THE WEDDING DAY)

It had been six months since I became the Goblin Queen; since Jared proposed to me. It was the day of my wedding; I was nervous because I knew that I love Jared and I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. My mother was helping me get my wedding dress on when one of the maids came in to get me ready by that I mean do my hair and makeup. My wedding dress was white silk, with flowers on the skirt of the dress, and with golden details along the edge of the sleeves.

"My daughter is getting married today, I can't believe how much you've grown since you were a child. Lila, today is the day that you become not just a queen but a wife to the Goblin King Jared." My mother said, as she began to cry tears of joy.

"Mom, do you think I will make a great Goblin Queen and a great wife?" I asked, because I was nervous and I didn't know what to do. I could feel tears about to stream down my face and ruin the makeup the maid had just finished putting on me.

"Lila, of course you will make a great wife and a great Goblin Queen. What made you think that you wouldn't be a great wife and a great Goblin Queen?" My mother asked, seeming a bit concerned about why I was having second thoughts about getting married.

"I don't know why mom, but I think it's because I never thought that I would become the Goblin Queen then six months later get married to a man that I have fallen in love with when I was sixteen years old." I said, as I thought about what may happen to me and Jared in the future.

That's when the trumpets sounded that it's time to begin the wedding ceremony. My mother and myself left my room and headed towards the royal family gardens. My mother held my hand in her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze in order to tell me everything was going to be okay. I gave her a squeeze on the hand in reply that told I knew that everything was going to be okay.

My mother stopped only a few steps away from the stairs that led to the altarpiece where Jared stood. I took the last few steps by myself and took Jared's hand into mine just as the high priestess began to tie the red ribbon above our hands to show that we are united.

When the high priestess finished she pronounced me and Jared man and wife. My mother began to cry tears of joy when Jared took my hand in his and raised high above his to show that we were united and always will be forever. I was very happy that day because I married the man I loved with all my heart. I could tell that Jared was overjoyed that we had been married because he loved me more than anything in the world; we lived happily ever after.

To be continued in book 2