6. THE FINAL BATTLE

We arrived at my mother's castle, but it was a bit too quiet which kind of scared me. Jared and I went inside my mother's castle to the throne room, but my mother was not there to greet us instead it was the one person that I hated the most Lord Sevrin.

"What a lovely surprise? I was actually hoping someone would storm the castle in order to beat me, but you of all Fae brought the princess to me. I expected a fight out of you Jared, but since you're here with the princess I will take her and leave." Lord Sevrin said, with a somewhat evil tone in his voice.

"Yes, this is a surprise. Where is Queen Linda at, Lord Sevrin? I do intend to fight you to keep the princess right beside me, so I can take her to her mother." Jared said, being even more protective about me.

"Well, this should an interesting way to take the princess and force Queen Linda to hand her kingdom over to me." Lord Sevrin said with an evil mocking tone in his voice.

Jared turned his back only for a moment just to make sure I was safely hidden from Lord Sevrin's sight; that's when Lord Sevrin attacked Jared from behind. Jared knew that Lord Sevrin was going to try to kill him from behind, Jared dodged Lord Sevrin's attack. Jared then distracted Lord Sevrin, so then while Lord Sevrin was distracted Jared attacked him; Jared cut Lord Sevrin on his right arm all the way to his elbow on his right arm. While Jared was still taunting Lord Sevrin at how he will never get to me, Lord Sevrin grabbed his dagger; he stabbed Jared in the left leg as he lunged to get his other dagger that was stuck in a wood statue. I ran over to where Jared was; I was minutes from tears so I made a quick decision to save Jared by giving him my dagger that he gave me when we first met so he could defeat Lord Sevrin.

"You think a dagger can stop me you foolish girl. Why are you helping a Fae who lead you into a trap?" Lord Sevrin said, as he approached me and Jared.

"I'm helping him because I know he can beat you in order to get me to my mother as long as he has my help." I said, with fear in my voice.

"You're only helping him because you are in LOVE with him, Princess Lila." Lord Sevrin said, with an angry tone in his voice.

"Lila, what does he mean about you being in love with me?" Jared asked, seeming a bit confused and shocked.

"Jared, while we were traveling together, I started to have feelings for you when you saved me from that weird animal when I first got here." I said, seeming a bit shocked as I admitted my feelings for Jared.

"Lila, why didn't you tell me sooner that you had feelings for me?" Jared asked, even more confused than before.

"I don't know why I didn't tell you sooner that I had feelings for you Jared. I just didn't know how to tell you that I had feelings for you." I said, as I start to cry when I realized that I knew that if Lord Sevrin ever did try to hurt Jared, that I would be lost without Jared.

"How touching, too bad that Jared won't live to get you to your mother, or get to tell you how much it means to him that you love him." Lord Sevrin said, as he got ready to kill Jared, but what Lord Sevrin didn't know is that I had given my dagger to Jared while I was making sure he was okay.

"Lila, I want you to know that I'll always be with you no matter what happens to me." Jared said, as if he knew what may happen if he doesn't kill Lord Sevrin.

"I know Jared, that's why I will always be with you no matter what happens to me." I said, as I looked him in the eye to tell him that it's time for him to kill Lord Sevrin so we can find my mother.

Lord Sevrin was about to stab Jared, but Jared stabbed Lord Sevrin in the chest which killed him. I ran to Jared to make sure he was okay before they go to find her mother. While I was helping him up he gave me my dagger back to me.

"Lila, I told your mother to meet us in the dungeons so she would be safe from Lord Sevrin because I had a feeling that something bad would happen." Jared said, as we headed to the dungeons.

"Wait, do you know where the dungeons are at Jared?" I asked, seeming a bit confused.

"Yes, because in the sheath of the dagger is a map that will lead us to the dungeons, but the passageways are too narrow for two people to get to the dungeons." Jared said, seeming as if it should me to go to the dungeons to find my mother.

"So what you are saying that I should be the one to go to the dungeons to find my mother." I said, seeming a bit scared about going to find my mother on my own.

"Yes, that is exactly what I mean Lila." Jared said, seeming a bit confident in me to find my mother on my own.

That's when he showed me the hidden passageway to the dungeons where I could find my mother to finally meet her.