Chapter Twenty Five: Hugs Give Me Life

{Serenity's POV}

As the teacher called my name I looked up looking at her wrinkled old face. "Yes?" I asked having a hint of sass in my words.

"So Ms Adams,  if you weren't so busy doodling you might have caught up to what we were talking about".I looked at her as she pointed to the board.

"Um yeah of course. How else would I be passing with a 95" I said a little confidently.

"Okay then since you think your better than everyone else, you don't mind answering this math problem" Ms. Baker said with a devilish smile.

"I didn't say I was better-" then she cut me off.

"Okay then come one over" I got up off of my seat walking, I felt stares everywhere around me. I looked over to my right as I saw Rosalina looking at me. She gave me smile and held up a piece of paper that read 'you can do it'

  I smiled and nodded at her, that's all I needed one of my best friends telling me that she believes in me. No matter how crazy I can be sometimes.

I got to the chalk board, grabbed the chalk Ms Baker held out for me and rolled my eyes at her. My back faced the class as I looked up knowing how to do this equation like it was tattooed to the back of my brain.

My hand kept moving as the chalk left its mark on the board. Did she seriously think this was gonna be hard? I know I could pass this class with a 100% but I don't like to show off as much when it comes to being a genius.

"DONE" was all I shouted and sat back in my seat.

"That only took me 2.5 minutes, your welcome" I said with a wide smirk on my face crossing my arms, I swear I saw steam coming out of her ears as she stared at the bored.

"Oh yeah I also did the courtesy of fixing your mistake you made on the question Ms Baker." I said everyone's heads snapped back staring at me as Rosalina leaned away from her chair to fist bump me.

Saved by the bell I got up and was the first to walk out. I waited out the door as Rosalina walked out. "Oh sorry I didn't know it was you Einstein" she said slightly bumping into me.

"Ha ha ha, very funny I cant help it that I'm such a genius" I said putting my hands up as a joke.

Rosalina laughed as we were walking down the hall. "God I missed your laugh" as I said that it was Rosalina's poker face back like usual.

"Sorry I didn't mean to-" I said touching her arm. She looked at me and said.

"It's not you" then she looked straight ahead without talking. I looked over at her direction then saw why she looked so blue. It was Xavier, staring back at her.

It was like they were in slow motion looking in each others eyes. The time was moving fast but they weren't. I grabbed her hand and pulled her away from Xavier's glance and walked her to her locker.

"You ready to watch me make the team?!" I asked excitedly.

"Of course I am, you ready to kick some ass?" She asked me while smirking.

"Hell yeah!!" I screamed. She laughed. I was starting to miss her laugh. We went and got the other girls, I told them to sit on the bleachers as I get ready.

I put everything on from my T-shirt  to my cleats on. I was ready I put my short thick black hair in a pony tail.

You make it, or not but at least you die trying. I walked out the change room and onto the grassy field. The nets were set and all the girls were called in the middle of the filed as she yelled. I ran into the middle as I heard what she was that we had to share the field with the boys because they already had a team assembled, and they had a game tomorrow.