i want it back.

"Wardell," his mom tucks him into the duvet and looks at him with pity. "Go to sleep now, okay?"

He stares at the wall and shakes his head. "I hate myself, mom."

Sonya pursed her lips and kisses her son's forehead. "Don't say that. You'll be okay soon."

"Why don't I remember anything?!" he yells. It was that time of the night again. "Every time I see people, they keep telling me that I know them... They keep trying to feed me with memories. But I don't remember anything! I try and try and it just hurts my head. I just... I fúcking hate myself!"

She knows not to try and plead him again to recall his memories, so instead she just softly caressed his shoulder. "You'll remember it all soon, Stephen."

Fúck that accident, he thinks. He doesn't even remember it, but he hates that it happened.

"Good night." She walks towards the door and shut the lights off.

Tonight, he lied again. Sonya asked him if he took his meds but he didn't. He doesn't want to. It makes his mind stable and he hates it because it was harder to try and recall his memories back.

I want it back, he thinks. I want to be able to know who I am. I want to remember the people I shared my memories with. I want to know what I usually do or who I am usually with. They told me I played basketball, but why is that I can't even dribble it without my hands shaking?

His head starts hurting.

So after a few minutes of staring at the dark ceiling, he got up from bed, clutching his temple as he opened the lights.

And that's when he saw a girl standing behind him.

----

hope y'all didn't read this at night