balling.

listen to I C One Female by Blackbox Recorder

---

Wardell holds the basketball in his hands and stares at it. He tries to feel the rubber in his hands. He wants to remember his stroke.

His reflexes may have become slower but at least it's getting better now.

He stands alone outside at the vacant court. The clouds prevented the sun from shining and it feels like forever since Wardell last saw it.

"Steph Curry with the shot!"

He hears that familiar woman's voice.

Stef appears grinning. She runs to him, steals the ball from his grasp, and drives the ball for a layup.

"Did you know I was pretty good with this?" she asks before showing off her moves. "Crossover, behind-the-back, step back."

She dribbles the ball around him and his eyes appreciating how her gym clothes emphasized her body.

"Double hesitation," she says, doing the move in front of him. "Pull up, splash!"

Wardell takes the ball and rolls his eyes.

"Go away," he silently complains.

"Saucin', saucin', I'm saucin' on you," she sings, then laughs evilly. "You were the biggest Iverson fan."

He huffs in exasperation. "Look, you gotta stop poppin' in and out of my life. You're making me do sins I never do."

He dribbles the ball slowly—at the speed he's only capable of, then tries to shoot it. Sadly, it airballs. He doesn't have enough power.

"Sins you never do?" Stef asks in absolute entertainment. "Man, that's hilarious."

"You're so annoying!"

"Steph?"

He turns to see Draymond walking towards him. "Hey, Dray."

"Who you talkin' to?" he asks.

Wardell froze in terror. "You don't... you don't see her?"

Draymond shakes his head.

"But—"

"Hey, Stef!" Dray greets her with a smile.

Stef grins. "Sup, Dray dawg."

Wardell feels like he's gonna lose his shit. "I thought you don't see her, man!"

"Huh?" Dray asks. "You trippin. I ain't ever said that."

He turns to Stef who's smiling at him. "Stef, don't play games with me," Wardell growls.

"Steph, bro. Why you talkin' to yourself?" Dray furrows his brows in confusion. "Seriously, I come here and you bein' creepy and shít."

"Draymond, what the fúck!" he yells.

"You trippin. I ain't ever said that," Dray repeats, then looks at Stef. "How long you been here, girl?"

Wardell drops the ball and gulps, looking back at Stef and Dray.

"Steph!"

"Stef!"

"Steph, who you talkin' to?"

"Stef!"

He falls on his knees and covers his ears frantically. His hands starts shaking. "Stop it! STOP!"

"Stephen!"

The voices...

"Stefanie!"

Whispering...

He closed his eyes and cries in pain. His head hurts so much. He sees spiral colors in his visions; he sees Draymond's face, Sonya's, Ayesha's, Stef's...

"Stop it! Make it stop!" he angrily shouts, sobbing harshly. He inhales and exhales at a very rapid speed and feels like he's losing air to breathe.

What is happening to him?

---

oop