subconscious.

"Wardell, where are you going?"

Wardell stumbles back to his house. He finds it hard to take hasty steps without tripping on the way. His eyes can't even focus anymore; he's suffering from dizzy spells.

By the time he reaches the house, he opens the door and none of his family are there.

He runs upstairs and goes to his room. He immediately makes it to his drawers, searching for the pills and throwing everything on the way.

"Where is it?!" he growls, feeling the veins on his neck.

He throws out a tissue roll, perfume, some papers, and still can't find his meds.

"Wardell!"

She's coming.

His hands are shaking he sits on the floor in defeat. It hurts. His whole body, mind, soul—he feels like being burned in hell.

He presses his palm on his ears and tried to block out the noise.

"Wardell!"

He feels someone shaking him.

"Wardell, come on." Stef crouches down to look at him. "What's wrong?"

"G...g-get a-way!" He closes his eyes clenches his fist.

Instead of getting better, he's only getting worse and he doesn't want it anymore. He doesn't want to suffer.

"Hey, hey," she spoke, patting his arm. "You'll get better. There's only one way."

He looks at her hazel eyes and suddenly, he's dazed. She's controlling him. He can feel her power taking over him and he has no control with himself anymore.

There are so much he has to know about his life—his precious memories which he knows are only waiting to be remembered. But sometimes, some things are better left forgotten. Some things are better left buried back from any recollection.

She guides him up and he follows her as she takes him into his parent's room.

"This is the best thing, Wardell," Stef whispers on his ear.

He takes slow steps towards his dad's cabinet. It isn't hard for him to rummage through it and take a black pistol gun out.

"Charge it," Stef orders.

It's the best thing.

He just wants the suffering to end.

He slowly turns back and looks at the mystic woman who showed up in his life at an unexpected circumstance.

Stef looks at him encouragingly while he feels his jaw shaking in tremor.

Stef promised to help him get his memories back, but he realized it's a choice. Either you help yourself out or you let it ruin you.

And he chooses the latter.

He points the gun on his head and feels a tear slowly falling on his cheek.

The girl smiles at him sinisterly, but it's too late. He's made a choice.

He shuts his eyes and pulls the trigger.

---

rip stephen 🙏🏼 one last chapter left!!