1.0

Connor Ball, a young Scottish boy, only seventeen years old was indeed biting it.

From what you ask?

Cancer.

The young boy woke early in the morning right on schedule at 5:00. He let out a little groan before flipping over and reaching his hand out to try to turn off the alarm.

Try was the key word here.

You see, Connor has a nice colony of cancer cells in his lungs, meaning he has a rather difficult time breathing without the help of his handy cannula. But the sickly boy is a restless sleeper, so he always wakes up in a tangled mess of oxygen tubing.

"Why" he grumbled and took his time taking the tube off his arm so he could listen to the music playing for his alarm.

'Not Today' by twenty one pilots.

In the end, he decided to leave it playing as he got dressed. He stood up and changed out his noisy oxygen tank for his portable one and walked to his closet. The boy pulled on his favorite long black t shirt and black ripped skinny jeans.

He looked like he was going to a funeral.

Well, it kind of was.

School. Because of Connors cancer, his family had to move from Aberdeen to Birmingham to get the best treatment for his condition. This is his first day at his new high school.

Connors music was interrupted when he could here his mum calling from downstairs.

"Con, come down and take your medicine please!" Kelly's warming voice rang through the house.

Connor grabbed his phone and turned off his music. Frankly, he didn't know a word she said, but he knew what he had to do anyway.

It was a routine at this point.

Wake up, change oxygen tanks, get dressed, take pills.

He pulled a maroon colored beanie over his fluffy hair that he thankfully still had and walked downstairs, carrying his small tank on his back.

"Hey sweetie, did you sleep well?" His mum asked as she set the table with a bowl of his favourite cereal and a shot glass full of colourful pills.

"You could say that," he returned as he sat down and caught his breath.
Stairs weren't his favourite things in the world.

"Did you get tangled again?" She giggled.

He blushed and glared at her.

"Okay, someone's in a grumpy mood today" she said as she walked to the stove to make breakfast for her and Connors brother Lewie.

Where's his dad?

The man was abusive to the three fragile Balls and was even the cause of Connors fight with cancer.

He smoked around Con all the time, and the poor boy got the consequences instead of his father.

When you smoke, not only do you commit suicide, but you commit homicide.

Kelly and Simon broke it off quickly after Connors diagnosis and have never spoken again.

Connor took his pills with a glass of orange juice and finished his cereal by the time it was time to go to school.

He said goodbye to Lewie and got in the car with his mum. Yeah, he found it embarrassing, but walking wasn't really an option and school buses are gross.

The drive to school was short and when he arrived all he had to do was get his schedule from the office and get to class.

But once he made it into the building, his cannula was suddenly ripped away from his face, and a brown curly haired boy picked it up off the floor.

"I'm so sorry," the boy said, "I tripped over this"

"No it's my fault, I let the tube get too lo-" but when Connor looked up from putting his cannula back on, the boy was gone.