12.0

Brad stared up at the ceiling in his dull room of the McVey house. It's not his house. It never will be. They treat him like another son, but he's still so outcasted. He was laying on his bed, tossing a ball at the ceiling and letting it fall, repeat.

His thoughts consumed him as the room became darker. He knew he was overreacting. A voice in the back of his head told him constantly. Connor was taking over his life. He couldn't even function properly.

"I'm gonna need you to stop doing what you're doing because my room is above yours and I can hear all of that." James said, walking into Brads room and catching the ball on its way down.

"Sorry." Brad grumbled.

"You're being ridiculous." James commented and sat next to the boy moping on the bed.

Brad sat up and looked at the taller boy. "I wish you would stop stating the obvious."

"Well if it's so obvious, why are you still so shut down?"

"What makes you feel better when you're upset about something, James?"

"I don't know, a hug maybe?"

"Maybe a hug would help me better than being chastised would." Brad looked down, curling into himself.

James let out a sigh and pulled Brad into his arms. Even though he can find Brad to be quite annoying, he still loves the boy. Nothing would change that.

Brad curled up in James's hold, his thoughts finally clearing.

"I know you think I'm telling you these things because you're being dramatic, but I know what Connors wishes are too. He told you no-"

"Not to stop my life for him, I know." Brad interrupted. "I just can't help it James. He means so much to me."

"I know you can't help it, but you're going to have to get over it at some point. I hate to think like this, but what happens when he actually is gone? You're not Romeo and Juliet."

Brad sighed and nodded. "I'll work on it."

"Good."

-

Brad sauntered into the hospital after school and didn't pay any mind to the woman at the front desk. He continued walking into the doors of the endless hallway and walked straight to Connors room.

"Hey Brad." Lewie said once the brown eyes boy entered the room.

"Hi Lewie." Brad sighed.

"Bear!" An all too familiar voice called to him.

Brad looked up and saw his beautiful boyfriend sitting up in his bed, his mother feeding him spoonfuls of ice.

"Condog!" Brad yelled back excitedly and quickly ran over to hug his love. He sat on the bed and wrapped his arms entirely around the small boy, Connor losing himself in Brads warmth. They could feel Kelly get up and give them space.

"I knew you were here Brad." Connor whispered.

"When?"

"Every day."

Brad had visited Connor for three days straight. Fourth time's the charm, not three.

"So you heard me crying like a baby?"

"Sadly."

"Oh." Brad looked down once they pulled away from their embrace. "I'm sorry I let you down Connor."

"You didn't let me down," Connor placed his cold hand on Brad's knee, "you just couldn't control it, I'm sure. Just try not to shut down when this happens again. This is a usual thing for me."

Brad nods slowly and wraps his hand around Connor's.

"And besides, I'd be hurt if you weren't a little bit upset." Connor let out an adorable giggle.

When Brad turned around and noticed Kelly and Lewie had left, he took this opportunity to kiss Connor.

Their lips moved in their special harmony, one only those two could muster.

Once they pulled away, Connor patted the spot next to him and Brad quickly moved to the empty place. The small boy curled into Brad's side as the elder wrapped his arms around him.

"I'm scared, Brad." Connor whispered after a short moment of silence.

"Why, baby?" Brad placed a soft kiss on Connors fluffy hair.

"What happens after high school is over? What will I do?"

"You'll be mine and we'll muddle through this life together."

A/N

Another short one and I'm sorry, but I'm even more sorry because now that this story is going the cliff hangers have to be more intense, lol so I can't promise a new update every day.

;)