10.0

It's been weeks, more like months since the two boys had started dating. They're just working toward graduation. Since Connor came in so late in the year, he only needed to be in the public school for a few months. There's only a month left in the school year for them now.

He had a teacher from the school come and give him lessons in the hospital, so he was up to date with everyone else in his class.

Connor woke up early in the morning as always. But he noticed there was no alarm clock. He could feel himself hyperventilating and looked at the time. Only 3:00. He was scared, no horrified. Even that was an understatement. He felt like he was trying to breathe under water. He started crying hysterically and screaming as loud as he could. His everything hurt. He chest felt like it was on fire. He lost a sense of where he was. Time slowed down and everything started to get blurry. He saw his mother rush into his room with the most terrified expression he'd ever seen. She interrogated the boy in a frantic manner, trying to help her son. She finally decided on calling an ambulance.

Connor could feel the room getting darker as he cried. It started spinning. At this point he was trying to breathe so quickly that he started to get light headed.

The last thing he saw before the lights in his eyes went out was the paramedics rushing in and picking up his small, cold body.

-

Brad walked into the building of the school with his best friend James. He was really looking forward to seeing Connor in the spot they usually met at, in the library by the science fiction novels.

Connor usually had read one entirely by the time Brad arrived. He learned to be a fast reader in the hospital.

James would usually follow Brad in when Tristan was sick, like today. So the two boys entered the library and walked over to the sick boy's genre of choice. But he wasn't there.

"Where's Connor?" James questioned.

"I- I don't know. Usually he tells me when he's going to be absent."

"Maybe he's running late. Text him." James suggested.

Bradley nodded and texted him. Then they waited. And waited. And waited.

No Connor. No reply.

Brad was panicked at this point and he didn't know how he was going to pay attention in class without know what happened to his lover.

By the time lunch came around, you would've thought the boy was depressed at first glance. But he was terrified. He noticed Connor was getting worse a while ago. His little delicate flower was being blown away from him. The petals were leaving with the wind, like it isn't a big deal. But to Brad, his flower means everything.

And then he realized this is exactly what Connor didn't want. Brad was shutting down because Connor wasn't there and he didn't know why. What would happen when Connor actually does die?

Brad shook those thoughts from his mind as tears start flowing from his eyes. He put his head down on the lunch table in attempt to his pitiful expression. He sobbed onto the nasty table as James tried to console him.

"I'm sure Connor's okay, Brad." He said softly.

"He always replies, James. What if he's in the hospital? I should be there and I'm not." Brad cried.

"You can't be there for everything. You're not his care taker."

"But I'm his boyfriend, James. I care about him."

"You care too much."

Brad lifted his head and glared at him with tear stained cheeks. His glare was quickly lifted, however when his phone started ringing and Connors beautiful face appeared on the screen.

He answered it immediately, but instead of being greeted with Connors voice, it was Kelly's.

"Hey Bradley, I'm sure Connor would want me to call and tell you this. At three this morning Connor woke up and he couldn't breathe. He's been in the hospital all day and he hasn't woken up yet. He had fluid build up in his lungs, so he had to get that drained. I just wanted to let you know."

The color drained from Brad's face. He didn't know how to respond. He was scared. Connor hasn't woken up yet? He was in a coma?

"Can I come see him after school?" He finally responded.

"I'm sorry Brad. If you really wanted to, you could come sit in the waiting room, but they'll only let family in."

"Okay." He sighed and hung up the phone.

Brad didn't learn anything from his lessons after lunch. He could only focus on getting to the hospital.

A/N
I know this is going pretty fast, but my ideas are impatient.