17.0

Bradley had become much more distant lately. He would barely speak, not even to Connor. No one knew why. His normal charisma had faded. The very blood of the boy had turned around. No one knew who he was anymore. With out his usual grin and sparkle in his eye, he was a different person.

Connor entered the school alone, his second half was missing. At this point, the small boy never knew if Brad would show up at school or not. Every morning he would ponder, ultimately ending in sadness or awkwardness. The two never had a full conversation. No matter how hard Connor would try, Brad would usually just respond with a simple grunt.

Not to mention how alone the boy he felt. He never realised how dependent he was on Brad. He had no friends, Tristan and James not included. Every class was spent alone. Every trek through a corridor was spent alone. Every night was spent without a single goodnight.

Connor noticed Brad was slipping through his fingers about a month ago. It was nearing closer to graduation, but the boy didn't want a diploma if he couldn't have his boyfriend. Brad had never told him anything from his personal life. He tried to focus all the attention on the smaller boy, and Connor absolutely hated it. Not to mention, everything Brad did say was most likely a lie. All this time, and Connor had never visited Brads house. He never knew the boy's hobbies. He never knew what his plans were after school. He never knew what truly made him happy.

And now Brad was hanging in his life by a thread.

Just as Connor was about to give up waiting in the library, he saw Brad enter. His smile was absent. His glow was dull.

"Hi, Curly." Connor greeted, just wanting to put a smile on his face.

He did in fact, but it was one of those fake smiles. He could tell. Connor was an expert at fake smiles.

"Hi." The boy said simply, picking up the oxygen tank and placing it on his back. Some things could never be changed.

Connor gave a small smile, stuffing his hands in the jumper pocket he had on. It was Brad's, and was the closest he could get to a hug from the boy anymore.

They walked to their lesson together in silence.

-

Connor walked into the lunch room alone. Brad had disappeared between classes and the smaller boy had no idea where he went. The sick boy made his way to the usual table where Tristan and James were sat, Tristan laying back in James's arms.

Yeah, that happened.

"Hello, Con." James greeted after having fed Tristan a crisp.

"Hi. Um, have you guys seen Brad? He left after Maths and I don't know where he went." Connor asked, still standing. He wasn't planning on eating lunch today. He was going to find his bear.

"Last I saw him, he was in the loo across the corridor." Tristan commented.

With a little nod and no goodbye, Connor when straight for the drab room. Upon entering, he instantly saw Brad leaning on the wall opposite to the door. He was staring up at the ceiling with his arms behind his back, the blankest expression possible on his features. Brad never dressed nice anymore. The boy was wearing a pair of joggers and a t shirt that didn't remotely match.

Connor walked up to him, placing his hands on the elders cheeks and pulling his face down so their eyes would meet. It was always so magical when the contrasting colours met. But now it was like the river just washed away the earth.

"Can I help you?" Brad asked softly.

"Yes you can."

"How?"

"Tell me what the hell is wrong with you. It's like you never want to be around me anymore."

Brad just simply shrugged, a simple gesture that instantly pulled tears from Connor's eyes.

Connor went to walk away, but Brad quickly grabbed the smaller by the pocket of his sweatshirt.

"Don't touch me!" Connor yelled, his tears were starting to block his vision. "If you don't want to be with me, then I won't force you. I've already messed your life up enough, apparently. I'd hate to die on you." He violently wiped away his tears.

"Connor, it isn't you. I want to be with you, I love-"

"Oh, save it." Connor said before storming out of the bathroom. He didn't know if he should be upset or absolutely pissed.

At his age, he was old enough to sign himself out of school, so that's exactly what he did. He walked out to his mums car which he had been taking since Brad wouldn't drive him anymore, and drove all the way home.

Once the sick boy made it to his room, he was finally aware of his surroundings again and noticed a lump in his jumper pocket. He pulled out the object and upon realising it was an empty pill bottle, he became intrigued. Brad must have placed it in his pocket when he pulled him back. He read the name. Fluvoxamine.

The boy that was basically made of pills hadn't even heard of this one. He quickly pulled his laptop from under his pillow.

Just quickly skimming the description, he saw the word he never thought he'd see.

Antidepressant.

A/N
I'd like to dedicate this one to Connors jumper pocket.
Sorry for the little hiatus I had, I must admit I was lacking inspiration. Side note, this story probably won't get much happier, so be prepared (not sorry at all) and it might be ending relatively soon, I don't know yet. AND THANK YOU FOR ALMOST 2k READS I LOVE ALL YOUR SEXY FACES

quick poll: if I wrote a Joshler book (tøp), would you read it?