Chapter 9

I pulled my lips away, our breath hot and shallow. I looked at his face, reading his expressions easily. Eager, wild, confident.

"I can't believe I just did that." I said.

"If you want we can do it again." he said cockily, pulling me towards him. After that first kiss, I couldn't deny that that is what I wanted, but I had a thought. I pulled away and looked at the icy ground under our feet.

"I...I don't know about this." I said, "I've never been with a guy. I've never even really thought about it." I looked up and saw his confused expression, wondering about what this could become. He shrugged and his confusion faded, a smirk taking its place. He took my hands in his.

"So then we date in secret, it's not like I want anyone knowing my business anyways." he said. I pulled my hand out of his and plopped down on the swing behind me.

"It's not just that, you're some fearsome werewolf thing that wants to kill me every time the moon gets big and shiny."

"I would never hurt you, you know that." he said. I scoffed and looked into his mesmerizing eyes.

"Do I? It happened once, surely it might happen again. I feel like I don't even know you when there's another side to you like that." I regretted what I said as soon as I said it, it hitting me that I was his only friend.

"But that doesn't mean I don't want to get to know you, I just... I just don't know how." I said. I obviously set him off and he crossed his arms, brooding and scanning me up and down; probably trying to find something to say.

"Maybe we should just stop then. Obviously we don't need to get to know each other since you don't trust me." he said. My mind set off all the warning bells of what was going wrong and I tried to fix it.

"It's not that I don't trust you, Mark." I said, shooting up from the swing, "I just need to know that I can. I've seen you in your worse, so just show me your best." He turned away from me and sighed. I trailed around him until I could just make out the lines of his face.

"I really like you, and I want to make this work, I just need your help in doing it." I said. I brought my cold hands up to his face and held it in my hands, kissing him on the lips for a short time and pulling myself back. "Please?"

He just stood there for a few seconds before taking my hands from his face and holding them in his.

"Okay. I just have to warn you of something." he said. I nodded in suggesting that I was listening.

"The closer to the full moon it is the harder I am to be around. The littlest things could set me off." He said.

"Okay. Anything else?" I asked. He seemed to think about it before leaning into me.

"Yeah actually, there is something else."

"What is it?" I asked. He leaned into me until his lips brushed my ear.

"The more I'm around you, the harder I fall for you." he whispered. I laughed and he put his arms around me. A vibration in my back pocket put me back into reality and I took it out of my pocket and checked the caller ID.

"Who is it?" Mark asked. His arms went back to his side and I put the phone to my ear.

"Dad? What's up?" I asked into the phone. I heard rustling in the background and he breathed erratically.

"I...your sister...help..." He said on the other line. The phone didn't cut off but I could hear more strange noises in the background and I asked for him to answer me a million times over.

"What's happening? Is your dad okay?" Mark asked. I pulled the phone away from my face and stared at the screen worriedly.

"I-I don't know. I need to go home, something's wrong." I said. He nodded and pulled out his car keys. I was about to end the call when an even stranger noise came from the speaker. I put it back to my ear and gasped.
__________
Sorry for the chapter being so short, but I needed it to end on a cliff hanger in order for the next chapter to be long and exciting so forgive me!

Please vote/recommend this story to someone who might also enjoy it.

Thanks for reading and I'll see you in the next chapter :)