Chapter 2

(Few days later.)

Naomi's P.O.V.

I was driving through my neighborhood, on my way home from a long shift at work when I saw O'shea walking down the street by himself. I decided to pull up next to him and offer him a ride home since it was really close to mine.
"O'Shea!" I called, startling him by my unexpected voice and he turned to look at me. He sucked his teeth before walking over to my car.
"Man Naomi, why the fuck you sneakin' up on me like that? Thought I was gonna get ganked or some shit."
I laughed, "My bad. I thought you heard the car pull up."
He squinted his eyes, "Yeah whatever...Where you headed?" He asked.
"I'm going home. You want a ride?"
He shook his head, "Nah. I'm going to the studio to finish some shit up for the album."
"Get in, I'll take you."
"You sure?"
"Yeah I'm sure. We just gotta stop by my place first so I can change and shit." I said pointing to my work uniform.
"Aight. Coo." He smiled before walking around to the passenger side. Once he was in, I made my way down the street and headed home.
"I thought y'all finished the album." I spoke up, making conversation.
"Nah. Almost though. We still got a few tracks to record before we can fully release it in stores." He explained.
"Shit. It's not even out yet and y'all getting mad love for it." I told him.
"Yeah. It's crazy." He smiled and asked, "You still workin' for that Devon guy?"
"Its Dion." I laughed. "And yeah. I am."
He nodded.
"Why?" I asked.
"No reason." He paused. "I remember you told me he a punk so I can't believe you still workin' there."
Yeah, my boss was an asshole and he thinks he's the king of the fuckin' world because he has one of the hottest clothing stores in LA. Most workers don't make it at least a year there. So yeah, it's surprising that I've been there for a few years. Guess I have a lot of patience and I really just need the job.
"Well I got no choice... Plus I get discount on clothes and it pays pretty good."
"Yeah. I guess."
"How about you Mr. Hot Shot?" I smiled. "Why haven't you gotten a car? I know you making bank now."
He sucked his teeth again before continuing, "Believe it or not, I haven't gotten shit."
"Seriously?" I looked at him. "Not even for the first singles?"
"Nope. Jerry...our manager and Eazy keep sayin' we'll get our cut once we sign some papers for this record label shit and start this tour up."
I looked at him with the brightest smile on my face, "Tour?"
"Yep." He grinned. "We hittin' every major city around the US."
"Really? I'm so happy for you guys! When does that start?"
"In a few weeks. Yo, talkin' bout Eazy... I thought y'all were gonna hit it off at the club the other night."
I shook my head and sighed, "Nah. Yo' boy mad weird."
"How?" He inquired.
"We talked for a while but I don't know... He started acting different around you guys and then he just left."
"Look, out here in these streets, Eazy's known to be ruthless. So he probably showin' out in front of us." He paused. "You ain't hear this from me but he can be a little sensitive sometimes. I don't know why he frontin." He continued, laughing.
I smiled and shook my head.
"I don't know." I sighed as I pulled into my drive way. "I really can't see us together. Honestly, can you?" I asked.
"Depends."
"On what?"
He turned to me, "How much bullshit you can take."
I couldn't tell if he was joking or being dead serious.
One of O'shea's special qualities.
He smiled before he spoke, "But both of y'all midgets so why not?"
I laughed and playfully punched his arm, "Whatever, asshole... I'll be back."
I exited my car and made my way up the stairs to my porch, turning around to flick O'shea off before going inside.

•••

We had finally made it to the studio after a 20 minute drive from Crenshaw. I parked the car and looked over at O'shea and he did the same.
"You coming in."
"No. I don't think so." I sighed.
"I wasn't askin'. Hur' up." He said, getting out of the car. I shook my head before I unbuckled my seat belt and exited the car.
"Why do I have to come in?" I asked as we walked to the entrance.
I was so nervous to run into Eric again. I'm sure he was here, so I better be prepared to face him.
I didn't think I was gonna like him but once you look into his eyes and start talking to him, he kinda grows on you.
"Cuz' I want you to come in."
He opened the door for me but I insisted that he entered first.
We continued to walk through the building until we got to a room that was pervading with loud music.
Once we walked in I noticed everyone from the group and a white man dispersed around the room.
Dre was sitting in front of some mixers as he listened to Ren rap into the microphone, which was in a smaller windowed room.
"And when I'm illegally armed it's called packin'. Shoot a motherfucker in a minute. I find a good piece of pussy, I go up in it." He rapped.
I noticed Eric sitting next to Dre as he bobbed his head to the beat.
"Yo!" O'shea called, catching everyone's attention. Great.
Dre cut off the music before speaking, "Man, Cube! We recordin' muthafucka!"
O'shea smirked, "Oh shit. My bad."
You know damn well he did that on purpose.
"Ayyyye, look who it is." Yella mentioned, turning all the attention towards me as he walked up and wrapped me in a huge hug. I looked over at Eric who made eye contact with me but he immediately broke it, looking away. I pulled away from Yella's hug and smiled, "Hey Yella. Ren, Dre." I waved to them, completely ignoring E. O'shea introduced me to his manager Jerry and another tall kid who I didn't notice before.
"This is Dre's lil bro Tyree. This my homegirl Naomi." Cube said.
"Wassup ma." He nodded.
Atleast he spoke, Dre didn't say a word to me when we first met. Everyone said because he's not much of a talker, but that he eventually starts coming around.
I sat on the black leather sofa and chilled as I listened to them record. They also showed me some of the songs on the album and asked for my opinion.
It was crazy dope. I couldn't wait for it to drop. Suddenly, after some time, I was dozing off when I felt the sofa seat sink in next to me. I glanced up to see it was Eric who was now sitting extremely close to me. I quickly looked back down and fidgeted with the loose threads on my distressed jeans.
"You ain't gon' talk to me now?" He questioned.
"I didn't think you wanted to talk to me." I stopped. "You started buggin' the other night ."
"Yeah.."
I shook my head, "Yeah? You don't have anything else to say about it?"
"Not really."
Wow. I nodded my head, "I guess."
I didn't know what else to tell him and I don't want to talk about it now in front of his boys.
He probably didn't either so I just dropped it.
"The album sounds good." I changed the subject.
"Yeah. It still needs work but it's gettin' th-"
"Man, hold up..." Dre interrupted him. "Can y'all shut the fuck up. We tryna work."
Eric gave him the meanest look, "Who the fuck you talkin' to Dre?"
"You, E. We need to finish this album and all we hear is you runnin' yo' big ass mouth in the background."
"I can talk all I want muthafucka, you better take yo' naggin' ass somewhere else with that.." Eric responded.
Dre sucked his teeth, "Man. Whatever. We need to come up with another song, asap."
"Aye, yo Dre. You need to come handle something out front." His younger brother said as he walked in.
Dre groaned as he got up and walked to the door.
"We need to finish the album Dre." Eric mimicked.
Dre laughed and flicked Eazy off as he walked out the room.
Once he left, all the other guys were now engaged in their own conversation.
So now it was just me and E again.
"I'm about to go." I told him as I stood up.
"Why?"
"Because y'all need to get this album done."
"We got all day. You ain't got to leave cuz of Dre's bitch ass." He looked up at me with his puppy dog eyes and took my hand.
I let out a deep breath, "It's not Dre. I just need to be getting home, I'm tired."
He sighed and nodded, "Aight. I'll walk you out."