Chapter 12

(NAOMI'S P.O.V.)

I was beginning to have my doubts that Eric and I were going to make it through this. I wanted so badly to be that girl who says that we could make it through anything together but who the fuck was I kidding? I was so afraid and worst of all...I was all alone and I couldn't tell anyone about what was happening.
"Naomi, hunny." I was startled by my grandmother's light knocks at my door.
"Yes, nana come in." I told her as I sat up on my bed, wiping the tears that were forming in my eyes.
I looked towards my door, watching her shakily walk in with a tray in her hands.
"Oh grandma, what are you doing?" I tried to quickly stand up and walk over to help her. "I told you not to bother doing anything for me."
"I know. I know. But you have to let me right now that I still can. Plus, I want you to feel better already. You haven't came out this room in days. You haven't been answering phone calls. Dion is going crazy asking for you."
Dion. Dion. Of course he was. Little did my grandma know that I wasn't going to be working for him anymore.
That's right...I quit. Was I in my right mind? Probably not.
"I'll give him a call nana." I was also the worst liar but I was thankful that my grandma was so gullible and that she never found out the real story about what happened to me that night at the club. "And don't worry. I'm feeling better."
That wasn't a lie this time. I am feeling better...physically anyway. Emotionally? Well, that's a different story.
"Well good, because someone came to see you. I think it'll do some good if you have company."
"Who is it?"
"Oh honey, you know I'm not good with names."
"Is it Eric?" I curiously asked.
"No. Not Eric." She answered.
I furrowed my eyes brows wondering who it could be if it wasn't him.
"I'm gonna get dressed, I'll be right out in a sec." I paused, smiling at her. "Thank you again for this nana."
"You're welcome sweetheart, I will tell him that you'll be right out."

•••

I let out a deep breathe as I hesitantly walked out of my house only to see that it was O'Shea who was patiently waiting out on my porch. Once he saw me, his face immediately lit up with his warm smile.
"Naomi! What is up girl?" He embraced me in the biggest hug that I've felt in a very long time.
"O'Shea...I wasn't expecting to see you at all!" I smiled.
"You were expecting someone else?"
"No!" I said louder that I meant for it to come out. "No, not at all. I just... I haven't seen you in a while."
"Yeah. I've been trying to come see you and then some shit always comes up. But I was passing through here so I decided to stop real quick." He explained.
"I'm glad that you did, I'm really happy to see you."
"You are?" He responded back, a bit shocked it seemed.
"Of course. I miss you. I miss all the guys. You're guy's craziness." I joked.
"Yeah. I miss you too Naomi." He stopped for a moment, looking down at me before continuing. "How have you been though?"
"I'm really good, I feel a lot better." I responded. "How about you?"
"I'm good you know? Just...coolin'."
"Coolin'." I laughed, repeating what he said. "Well Mr. Coolin' you want to sit down? Have drink?"
"I'm good on the drink but I'll sit down for a bit." He responded as he sat down on the small sofa on my front porch and motioned to the spot next to him.
"Sit down. I don't bite...unless you want me to." He joked which caused me to roll my eyes before sitting down on the spot next to him.
"So have you talked to Eazy?" He asked.
I shook my head, "Not in a while. I've just been trying to get over what happened...after you know?"
"I feel you. What happened to you is fucked up." He sighed and turned to look at me. "I'm always gonna be here for you though. For whatever you need."
"I know. I'm always gonna be here for you to." I nodded and smiled at him, which he returned.
There was a long awkward silence between us as we just stared at each other for a moment. I finally turned away and looked down as I fidgeted with my fingers, when I felt him place his hand on my chin and made me turn to him.
He quickly leaned in and placed a passionate kiss on my lips, which felt like it lasted for a very long time.
"O'Shea..." I snapped out of it, jumping to my feet. "I can't—I'm sorry."
He placed his face in his hands and shook his head, "Nah. It's my fault Naomi. I shouldn't have done that shit."
"You're my friend O'Shea and I love you...as a friend."
"I know, I know. I'm sorry. I just got so much shit on my mind and I got caught up in the moment. It didn't happen alright?" He stepped closer to me, grabbing my hand.
I nodded at him as he pulled me in for a hug. I just stood there...confused really. O'Shea was like my best friend. Not like. He was.
Wait...I thought he had a girlfriend? We finally pulled away from each other when we heard a car pull up. We turned and I saw that it was Eric.
"Shit. I should get out of here." O'Shea told me.
"You don't have to leave." I said.
He shook his head, "Nah. I think y'all probably need to talk." He gave me a small smile and started to walk off my porch.
"Hey." I called out to him, making him stop and look back. "If you need to talk about anything...I'm here."
O'Shea nodded, "Yeah. Maybe after I get back from tour we could catch a movie or something."
"From tour?" I asked.
"I'm guessing he hasn't told you?" He paused. "We leave tomorrow."
Tomorrow? So soon?
"Oh." Was all that slipped out of my mouth.
"I'll see you Naomi." He smiled and continued walking. By this time Eric was already walking up my drive way. They exchanged a few words before O'Shea got in his car and left and Eric joined me up on my porch.
"Hey." I faltered, crossing my arms.
"What's up?" He drawled as he leaned back against the railing.
"Not much." I sighed, sitting down on the sofa I was on before.
"What were you a Cube so close for?" He inquired with a hint of jealousy in his voice.
"We're friends." I assured him. "He was just saying bye. You know? Since y'all leave on tour...tomorrow.."
"Yeah but he left like suddenly. It's weird." He completely ignored me when I mentioned the tour.
"I'm not doing this." I stood up from the sofa and started walking away from him.
"Naomi." He strided towards me and grabbed my arm. I tried to pull away from him but it was no use.
"Eric, let me go." I ordered him. "You leave on tour tomorrow and you weren't gonna say shit?"
"You haven't been answering my fuckin' calls. How you expect me to tell you? I thought you wanted to be alone." He told me.
"Well I didn't Eric."
"Well I'm here now ain't I?" He stopped. "I don't wanna keep doing this Naomi. I need to know if you still in it, if not we can call it quits right here."
I looked up at him for moment, staring into his eyes.
"I love you E." I sighed. "I'm all in it. I just...I don't know."
"You just what?" He questioned.
I shook my head before answering him, "I'm just...scared."
He stared back at me, confused.
"You don't have to be scared. I know I should've protected you that night." He murmured. "If I could've taken the bullet for you, I would've. On my life, I would've. You don't know how bad I wanted to be the one in that hospital bed, just so I can take your pain away...I'm sorry."
I frowned and assured him that it wasn't his fault for what happened that night.
"Come with me tomorrow." He persuaded.
"You know that I can't." I sighed as I saw a frown form on his lips. "You know, maybe we need this. It gives us time to clear our heads."
He stepped back and looked at me like I was crazy, "What's that suppose to mean?"
"It means nothing, there's just so much that's been happening lately." I answered.
"I don't need time to clear my head." He paused. "I know what I want. If you ain't sure about us then just be straight up."
I wanted to say that I was so sure. I want to be with him more than anything but I couldn't open my mouth to say that. Why did I have to overthink everything? I had so much on my mind. Suge. Tina. Being shot. My grandma. And now...O'Shea?
Eric instantly took my silence the wrong way because he let out a forced laugh as he shook his head, "I don't know what's up but this shit ain't you...Late Naomi."
"E..." I called out once he started walking away towards his car. "Eric. Wait."
I followed slowly behind wishing I could move faster without my entire body aching. I grabbed his arm once I caught up to him and pulled him back so he was facing me again.
"I'm sorry." I asserted as I pulled him closer to me and placed my hands on his face so he can look at me. "I'm really sorry...I know I haven't been myself. You don't deserve that. I love you and I want you...forever."
"I just want you to talk to me." He sighed.
"I know...Just go on tour E." I paused before assuring him, "When you get back, I promise you everything will be better. I will feel better then and everything's gonna go back to normal okay?"
He stayed silent for a moment before murmuring, "Yeah."
I gave him a kiss before telling him how much I loved him.
"Please don't ever leave me." I uttered softly into his ear.
"I won't...I promise."
This was all I ever wanted. He was who I always wanted. Is that too much to ask?

         •••

-Thank you guys for reading! It was a filler but I hope you enjoyed. I feel bad that I can't update often and so quickly but I'm trying. Thank you for your patience! Follow me, like and leave comments please! ❤️