~Chapter Eighteen~

"Ugh Jessie! Did you even listen to a word I said!? I called you over today for a reason!" You said as you folded your arms at her. "Shh!!! I'm watchin' Britain's got talent!" She said as she leaned back in her swivel chair and looked up at the big screen. "Grr Jessie!!! You have a tv at home! Use it!!" You said and you turned off the large computer. "Ugh fine. Sit next to mummy dahling!" She said playfully in her British accent.

You roll your eyes and sit next to her. "What seems to be troublin' you love?" "You were right about Lloyd." You said. "I'm right about a lot of things ya know." She snickers. "No! You said that Lloyd might, like me." "Well the lad makes it quite obvious." "Well last night at the dance, you said Jason was in a cat costume. Well you didn't say Lloyd was gonna be there too! In the same costume!" She was actually surprised by what you said.

"Lloyd came to the disco?" She asked and you nod. "He pretended to be Jason because I thought he was Jason since he looked like him. We held hands, hugged, and we almost-" "Almost what?!" "Almost...kissed." You said remembering every detail from last night. "Woah." "Yeah! But Jason got to us before we could do that and we caught Lloyd red handed." You finished and sighed. "So firstly, how's Jason handling this?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"He's pretty pissed that Lloyd did that, also disappointed because he really liked Lloyd! I mean he's the green ninja everyone likes him!" "Okay, and how are you feelin' about all this?" She asks you and you get quiet. "Well...I mean I am pretty disappointed myself. It's just so wrong. But I just wanna know why he did it. I know he's not arrogant, but, does he really like me?"

"I think he does quite fancy you mate. You two did spend quite the time alone on the mission, it probably gave him enough time to think. But listen, I know you're Jason's bird, but I think you also developed some feelings for Lloyd too." She says truthfully and you were surprised by her response. "I do not! I mean c'mon Jessie! What makes you say such a thing!" You said folding your arms.

"I'm not bonkers this time! I swear! I mean, you look at Lloyd differently when he's around instead of when Jason's around." "I give him the 'friend look!' Like I would with any other friend!" "No! Because it's the look you used to give Jason! But when Lloyd walked in, you gave Lloyd the look!" "It's not about looks Jessie! What's the poi-" "Oh yeah! I just remembered that you sometimes blush when Lloyd is around! Like you are doing now!" She stated and you growled as you tried to stop yourself from blushing.

"Look, you may not see it now love, but I think you fancy Lloyd. You just wait and see that I'm right! But remember what I said, I am totally okay if you choose Lloyd over Jason. The reason why I got you and Jason together in the first place was so that you got started on love! So that way when the real guy came along, you'd sort of...be experienced. Now I'm not saying you should break up with Jason, I'm just saying you need to listen to your heart a bit more Alex. You're not hearing it right." You sigh after listening to her and nod your head, giving up on debating.

The next day, Jason came over. You actually haven't talked to him after you left the party with Jessie. "Hey babe." He greets you with a smile. You smile back and you were surprised as to why you weren't feeling those butterflies that you used to feel when he greeted you like that. Nothing. "Hey. Sorry I didn't check back on you yesterday. Jessie came over." You said as you slouched on the couch. "That's okay. I just wanted to check on you." He says sitting down next to you.

"Still...shocked I guess." You said with a shrug. "Same. I really trusted that guy." "Me too. But I know he didn't mean it." "How do you know he didn't mean it Alex? How do you know that all he wanted was to get in the way of us because he was nothing but jealous." That's when you sit up.

"Because I know Lloyd, Jason. You don't. You haven't been on a mission, stuck with him for a week! I know Lloyd. He isn't arrogant, he isn't the kind of person to take what he wants, no! He's the green ninja for pete's sake! He's nice, compassionate, brave, sweet, funny, sometimes annoying, but most importantly loyal! He's proven it to me! So whatever happened the other night, it was definitely some mistake!" You ended up ranting but then you stopped when you realized you made your point.

Jason was very surprised by your words. He then decided to follow your point. "Alright Lexi, if you think Lloyd probably didn't mean it and that he probably needs some time, then I'll agree with you. But I care about you, remember that, I gotta be just a little overprotective you know." He says with a smile. "Yeah...I know."

Then, the next day, Lloyd actually came over to talk to you, but you were with Jason at that time. You and Jason were cuddling in the gazebo around back. Lloyd carefully showed up. "Lloyd? What are you doing here?" You said surprised to see him. "Your dad let me in." He says. "So...what are you doing here?" You ask again. "I was just wondering...if I could talk to you." You shook your head, feeling as you still weren't ready to talk to him.

If it's anything Lloyd was feeling these past days. It's hurt. Lloyd's thoughts on you were only growing stronger, and he knew that you didn't want him and that you were with someone else. Knowing that, made him feel hurt. Standing there and seeing you both cuddling, really felt uncomfortable. He frowned and nodded at your response, seeing that you weren't ready to hear his side of the story again. Yet, he gave a small fake smile to you both and walked off.

You actually remembered the other times Lloyd would see you and Jason together. He didn't seem, comfortable with you two. He looked rather, hurt, but you didn't want him to be. You really didn't want to be the reason for it too. "It was for the best." Jason says but you still can't help but frown. In fact, you were starting to realize that your hugs and cuddles with Jason just didn't feel the same.

The day after that, Lloyd actually invited Jessie over to his place. "Woah mate. Your flat is huge." She says and Lloyd gives her a shrug and a smile. "So what did you want to talk about?" "Something that, I can't even tell Kai." "Woah okay. Haha I'm feeling pretty special." "Jess, I-i can't tell Alex this but...I really do like her." As soon as Lloyd said those words, Jessie's eyes lit right up and she grinned. "No! You're joking! Haha I knew it!!! It was so clear! But why though!?"

"She's...amazing. There's never a time when I'm not thinking of her or getting flustered over the thought of her. She's smart, strong, brave, pretty, funny sometimes, and... Just the best girl I've ever met. And honestly, I'm sorta new to this whole 'Love thing' but I'd try it for her. She's worth loving." Lloyd says with a smile. Jessie coos and ruffles Lloyd's hair. "You lovesick ninja! Haha listen to yourself! You really fancy her!"

Lloyd blushes and nods, "I didn't mean to almost kiss her though. I-i couldn't help myself that night. I wanted to know what it felt to be...Jason. To be her boyfriend." He says then brings his knees up and buries his head. Jessie gives him a small smile and sits next to him on the bed.

"Well, if you love Alex then you'll trust that her heart wants you. If you love her, you'll also wait for her. Wait for her to choose you. Because I think she fancies you too but she's got two boys to choose on so you should wait for her. That's one of the ways love works you know." Lloyd looks up at Jessie with hope in his eyes. "If what you say is true then I'll wait."

The next day, you were about to go down to the Samurai Z cave to start work on your new mech, but the doorbell rang. "ALEX! DOOR!" Your dad called out to you from his office. "I GOT IT!" You yelled back and made your way to the door. You opened it and you saw that it was Jason. "Oh. Hi Jason." You said with a small smile. "Hey Lexi bear! I was wondering if you wanna go get some food with me!" He said with a smile.

Honestly, you didn't feel like hanging out with him today. In fact, you had realized that you haven't been calling him by 'babe' anymore. "Oh uh, not today Jas, I'm working on my new mech since, well, you know what happened the last time." You said with an apologetic smile. "Oh ok. Well, see you later Lexi." He said and gave you a peck on your lips before walking away.

Great, now kisses didn't feel the same. You still felt nothing. What was wrong with you? Was Jessie right yet again? Is Lloyd really the one for you? You sighed and closed the door, and went to the secret entrance in your house that leads you down  to the cave. Hopefully working on your mech would clear your head.

A/n: Idk guys! Next chapter looks pretty promising! Haha.
Song at the top is Unfaithful by Rihanna.
So! Comment if you ship either #Jaslex or #Alloyd! 😃 :D
And I realize that we've got 2 more chapters to go! Wow time flies! Lol had fun writing this book! But of course, saving my speeches till the end ;)
Who's she gonna choose?! Find out in the next chapter!