Part Seven - Perfect Date!

As I was flicking through the channels, there was a knock at the door and I didn't even need to answer it to know who it was; especially since there was only one person that I was waiting for.

Nathan.

I opened the door and was greeted by a view that I wasn't ready for - Nathan was in his black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt, his leather jacket and a pair of converse. He had even finished off the outfit with a couple of chains and he looked bloody attractive.

"Hey babe. You look amazing." Nathan smiled at me.

"You look great as well. You ready to leave?" I replied, offering Nathan my arm which he willingly took as I closed the front door behind me, ensuring that it was locked before we walked down the path and onto the road.

"You should dress like that more often, you really do look amazing. And it suits you so much better than all that other crap you wear." Nathan chuckled.

"And there was me thinking you liked the way I acted and dressed." I laughed, as I blushed at the same time.

"Well, guess you were wrong there."

"Either that, you're just lying to me." I replied with a smirk on my face as turned off the road which I lived on, to be greeted with a car which had our own personal driver with it as well.

Nathan walked slightly in front of me, and he opened the door before I had even reached the car; and there was me thinking that he was always an idiot to me and that he didn't really like me at all - he's just proving me wrong in so many ways tonight and I hope that he continues to do so.

*

We pulled at some restaurant which looked pretty expensive to me; it wasn't somewhere that I would ever be able to afford to being a group of friends before we hit the town on a night out . We would be bankrupt before we even left the place.

Nathan allowed me to walk in first, and I just did as I was told to do since I was in no place to refuse anything like this; it was the best I had ever been treated by someone of the male species and it just goes to prove that they're not all after one thing. There are still some decent guys out there and they still know how to treat a lady.

"Evening Mr.Sykes. Just the two of you this evening?" the waiter asked with a smile on his face.

"Yes Shaun, just the two of us tonight." Nathan chuckled awkwardly.

"If you would like to follow me then." he replied as he continued to smile. He showed us to the table which had been picked out for the two of us to sit at and, just as he was about to walk way and leave the pair of us alone, he still managed to say another word to Nathan. "Tell the other boys that I say hello, and tell all the other lovely ladies that I look forward to their next visit."

"Don't worry Shaun. I will make sure I pass on both of those messages." Nathan said half-heartedly.

"Thank you Mr.Sykes. I do hope you enjoy your meal and, if you are unsure of what to have, then I wosuld recommend either the Pasta or the Salad." Shaun said before he turned his back on us and finally left us alone to enjoy our meal in peace.

"I guess you and the boys are regulars in here then?" I laughed.

"Well, it's more where couples come to eat than anything. Tom often brings Kesley here, and Siva has been here before with Nareesha." Nathan replied.

"And what about you? How do they know you then?" I asked curiously as someone appeared beside the two of us with a bottle of wine in his hands; Nathan gave her a quick nod and she began to pour me and Nathan a glass.

"Erm, can we talk about about something different?" Nathan questioned, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Why won't you just answer the question?"

"Because it's something that I would rather forget about..." he sighed in response.

"Surely it can't be that bad." I shrugged, but once Nathan had made a point, there was usually no changing his mind and making him do anything differently; so I wasn't hoping for anything less than the usal tonight.

"How many boyfriends have you ever had then?" Nathan asked as he suddenly changed the subject.

"One. He turned out to be a total twat, and I've never had a boyfriend since then. And what about you, how many girlfriends have you had then?" 

"One. She turned out to be a total bitch, but I still loved her and stayed in a relationship with her." Nathan replied as he took a sip of his drink at the same time, still looking at me like he was trying to figure me out or something like that.

I wasn't really sure what he was doing, but I wasn't going to complain because it was nice to be getting along with him for a change rather than arguing with him and have him making snide remarks about the way that I dress all the time.

"I guess sometimes you just think that they're worth the effort and you never really stop loving them, no matter how much shit they put you through and how much pain they cause you." I said.

I might not have known much about relationships, but growing up I did learn a thing or two about how they worked - my mum stayed with my dad, no matter how many times he came home drunk and shouted at her, or how many times he cheated on her with other women, she was still there for him at the end of it all. Her excuse was that he was her first love and she would never be able to love someone in the way that she loved him; but she also told me not to make the same mistakes that she did when it came to relationships.

"And how would you know about then?" Nathan asked, suddenly interested in me and my life; but it was a part that I didn't tell anyone about and I wasn't about to start telling people about it either.

"I'd rather not talk about it. Some things are better left in the past than brought into the open again." I replied.

The evening went on pretty much the same, us talking to each other and getting to know more about each other's lives - beside the fact he was a famous pop star and I was just some girl who had been employed to work for them.

It was actually an enjoyable evening and, when it came to him saying good bye to me, I was actually pretty sad that he was going to be leaving and I wouldn't get the chance to spend some more time with him. 

But it would be a shame to ruin everything that has happened so far, and how well we've been getting on with one and another; but I still felt like there were some thing he was keeping from me and they didn't need to be kept from me - such as the fact he still technically has a girlfriend because, as he accidently let slip tonight, he never broke up with her and she never broke up with him either. She even still lives with him, and they still share a bed together.

So, by my standards, that still makes Nathan a cheat and that still makes me feel really bad for his girlfriend. Especially when he is going to go home and get into bed with her, like tonight never meant a thing to him.

"So, I hope you had an amazing night, because I know I did and I would love to do it again some time." Nathan said, stepped closer to me as he spoke and his lips were inches away from my own; it was hard to resist them when they looked that kissable.

"It was nice spending time with you Nathan, and it was the best night I've had in a long time, thank you. I would also love to do it again some time." I smiled back, looking into his eyes which were reflecting the little moonlight that was visable through the clouds.

"You know, it doesn't have to end yet. We could go inside, and have a cup of tea or something like that." Nathan replied, his hand brushing past mine as he reached up and placed his hand on my face, moving it so that I was no looking directly at him.

"Look, we've both got to be up for work in the morning and Josh is also supposed to be coming round before I leave, and then-" 

"You talk too much...." Nathan said before he pressed his lips against mine, and his free hand made its way to my waist so that he could pull me closer to him; it was a shock to the system because I wasn't even expecting it to happen.

It was the perfect end to the perfect night, and there was nothing that could make this any better than it had already been for me.