Part Fifteen - Times Are Chaging!

I took my seat in between Max and Tom, looking at the empty seat opposite me, knowing that's where Nathan was going to be sitting for the rest of the night and I was going to have to look at him with a fake smile on my face.

I really wasn't in the mood for something like that and I couldn't be bothered with it either, I just wanted to get this meal out of the way and then I wanted to go back to the hotel room; and remain in hiding there for the rest of the tour.

"Are you alright?" Max asked with a concerned look on his face.

"Yeah, I'm great." I replied with a fake smile on my face.

If there was one thing I was good at, then it was putting a fake smile on my face and making people believe I was completely fine when, on the inside, I was falling apart and wanting to cry more than anything; but no one would ever question me.

Well, no one other than Max because he was the only one who could see through my façade.

"Now tell me the truth Jess. Are you alright?" Max repeated with the same look on his face.

"No. I'm probably as far away from 'alright' as you'll ever get." I sighed as Max wrapped his arm around my shoulder and embraced me in a hug, which earned me a look from Kev at the other end of the table.

He had warned me before about Max and had told me to stay away from him; in fact, he had strictly forbidden me from having any kind of relationship with any of the boys and he had made it clear that I was to keep clear of all the boys in that sense - but he had no idea just how wrong he was about which one of them I was involved with, especially since he was convinced that Nathan hated me and we weren't even on talking terms, unless there was no other choice.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Max asked.

"Not here. I'll tell you after we've eaten." I half-smiled as Nathan took the seat opposite me and continued to smile at me.

I had given him hope that we were going to be together, but it wasn't going to happen because we were just too different from each other and there was nothing that guaranteed we would ever stay together; we would fall apart in the space of ten minutes because of how completely different we were to each other.

He was somebody and I was nobody.

That's how different we were to each other, and that's how I know it was never going to work out for us.

"OK then." Max answered, releasing me from the hug which he held me in and went back to looking at the menu he was previously looking at, deciding what he wanted to eat and what he wanted to drink with it as well. But, knowing Max, he would probably order something alcoholic to drink and he would make it last for about five seconds before he was ordering his next drink.

*

"That was the best thing I've ever eaten." Tom said with a massive grin on his face, pushing his empty plate away from him and into the middle of the table.

"I second that. We need to come here again before we leave." Siva laughed and looked down the table at the two rows od people now laughing at both him and Tom.

"Yeah. It was pretty good." I added, but they all looked at me with a weird look when they saw I had eaten practically nothing and was just pushing a plate full off food away from me. "I'm just not that hungry."

"But you've hardly eaten what you've got?" Jay pointed out, although it came out as more of a question than a remark, like he was expecting me to give him an explanation as to why I haven't eaten every single thing in front of me.

"Like I said, I'm just not that hungry." I shrugged.

"Are you sure you're not going to eat any more of it?" Tom questioned.