Part Eleven - You're A Cheat!

I was lying on Nathan's chest as he moved his hand slowly up and down my arm, kissing the top of my head every so often.

I actually felt safe in his arms, like nothing could ever hurt me again and I was always going to be happy with him; but there was no way this could ever turn into anything other than what it was because it would never work between us.

Would it?

"Jess?" Nathan said suddenly.

"Yes Nath?" I laughed slightly.

"I've been thinking about America. And about you and me. And, well, erm-"

"This is never going to work, is it?" I asked suddenly, looking up to see that there was uncertainty almost drawn on Nathan's face and he didn't really know what he was going to say to me right now, but I could tell that it wasn't going to be good and I wasn't going to like it either.

"What do you mean?" he replied.

"This. Us. You and me."

"Well, that's not what I was going to say, but it's pretty close to it." Nathan sighed, looking away from me as he spoke to me.

"Look, I'll just ask if I can have my own room. If anything extra needs to be paid, then I'll pay it myself, then you won't have to put up with me." I said, standing up from the bed and walking into the en-suite, turning the shower on and stepping pretty much straight into it.

The warm water running down my face, hiding the fact I was crying and hating myself for being such an idiot where this was concerned.

Of course this was nothing more to Nathan than a bit of fun, and he never wanted to actually be in a relationship with me. It was stupid of me to assume that Nathan would ever fall for someone like me, not when he could have his pick of anyone in the world.

I was just some crappy assistant that was hired to make sure The Wanted stuck to their schedule and they were there on time. I wasn't pretty, and I didn't have the best personality in the world - I've been described as a bitch by some people, and they're not lying when they say that either, they're just telling me the truth. I loved getting drunk, and I enjoyed the attention that I always got from the male population - I guess I had always dreamed of having attention from one male and always going back to the arms of the same person at the end of the night.

I let myself get carried away by imaging that those arms would actually belong to Nathan.

Nathan Sykes of The Wanted.

International Popstar that girls went crazy for and wanted a piece of.

There was no way he was ever going to love someone like me. Who had made the mistakes that I had done and had no concept of love until I spent time with Nathan.

I stepped out of the shower, walking into the bedroom, seeing that Nathan was no longer there either; which didn't surprise me - I'm sure there was something that he needed to do that didn't involve being in my bed, which is where you would find him in any other circumstance.

I sighed as I pulled my outfit out of the wardrobe, deciding that I would dress for LA weather rather than UK weather because I didn't want to be roasting when I stepped off the plane for the first time.  I wanted to be prepared, which is more than the boys would be.

They would do nothing but complain about the change in weather and then go on about how they should have dressed better. It's happened before, and I'm almost certain that it will happen again because those boys never fail to disappoint me.

I grabbed my short denim shorts that had stud covering the pockets, and decided that a plain white vest top would do perfectly with them. I pulled my underwear on, quickly followed by my clothes of choice before I finished the outfit off with my white converse. I decided that I was going to leave my hair to go to its naturally wavy self, as I rather liked it like that and it completed the outfit; although the mascara also did that as I carefully layered it onto my eyelashes - making them even longer than they were because I happened to have naturally long eyelashes anyway.

"You look as beautiful as ever." Nathan said from behind me as he wrapped his arms around my waist and rest his chin on my shoulder slightly.

"Are you just going to pretend that our other conversation didn't actually happen then?" I asked him, pushing him off me and walking over to my bed so that I could pack my rucksack with the smaller things that didn't fit in my case - I made sure I had my phone charger, all my hygienic products from shampoo to deodorant, a hairbrush and all the other essentials that I was going to need for this trip.

I then picked my sunglasses up from the bedside table and slid them onto my head - that was the only way I was going to make sure I had them and didn't end up forgetting them when it came time to leave.

"Look, I didn't mean that I didn't want to share a room with you. I just meant that there can never be an 'us' in the sense of a relationship." he sighed, finally getting out what he wanted to tell me earlier.

To be honest, I would rather he just told me that he didn't love me and was just using me for sex; at least then it would hurt less than it is right now and it would make him seem like much less of a twat.

"Basically, you enjoy the fact you can sleep with me whenever, but you never want a relationship with me?" I asked, making it simple for him to answer.

"It's not that. It's just-"

"Then what the hell is it Nathan, because it sure seems like that to me?" I argued back, holding back the tears which were close to rolling down my cheeks now because it didn't seem like there was any other explanation for his decision.

"I love spending time with you and I do really like you Jess. I mean, really like you."

"Then what the hell is complicated about asking me to go on a date with you? What Nathan because I need to know if I'm wasting my time in falling for you?" I shouted at him.

"I have a girlfriend Jess. I'm not single." Nathan shouted back to me, and I was left speechless.

Nathan had a girlfriend.

And he had cheated on her.

With me.