9: Tengokuhime and Misunderstandings(Edited)

Toshiro's POV

Grace had been asleep for a while. We were in squad 4 and I hadn't moved from the spot I took while they were examining her.

"Captain Hitsugaya, you don't have to stay here. We told you it was only exhaustion and lack of eating,"Captain Unohana told me. I stayed against the wall looking at her as she was sitting next to Grace. My gaze slipped from her to the sleeping girl behind her. Grace looked so peaceful sleeping. Almost like a fairytale princess.

"I will stay here, if you don't mind it. And when she wakes, I will make sure she eats,"I replied,  watching Grace. Captain Unohana rose from her seat, heading to the door.

"That's fine for you to remain,"She answered. I could detect a smirk in her voice. I ignored it and nodded once.

"Thank you for seeing to her,"I told her. Captain Unohana left and I slowly walked to where she had been sitting. I sat in the chair Unohana had left vacant. Grace's chest rose and fell as she breathed. I stared at her beautiful face. Her black hair was spread out over the pillow under her. In her sleep, she suddenly rolled over to facing me. I nearly jumped in surprise.

 Did she wake up???? No.... still asleep.... Why am I so concerned for her? Even if she IS a future member of my squad it still makes no sense.

"You're oblivious to the fact that someone other than myself or Momo has burrowed their way into your heart and is defrosting it slowly."

Why are Rangiku's words coming back to me? She couldn't have been right. There's no way. Right?

"Nnnnh," Grace moaned in her sleep. Her face scrunched up. I wonder what she is dreaming about . I resisted the urge to grab her hand.

"Grace, wake up soon,"I whispered. Her wings twitched behind her. A feather came loose and floated down to the bed. I reached over her and grabbed it, examining it closely. It shimmered like a rainbow in the light. I ran my finger over it and felt how soft it was. "Wow." I whispered to myself.

Grace's POV

I opened my eyes and looked around at my surroundings in confusion. I was in a strange place, different from where I'd passed out. The place was beautiful. There was a green field with a tree in the middle of it, and even a small waterfall with rocks and a river. There were plants around the area. The tree had a small waterfall of sorts coming from a knot hole in it. The water was pink and purple, and sparkled strangely. The sky above was full of clouds. It was almost like a fairy tale world. I walked over to the tree, where I spotted a girl.

She had on a long dress, much like the elf chick in Lord Of The Rings. She had pale purple hair, lavender almost. She glanced down at me and smiled suddenly.

"Well, well, well. Look who decided to visit me. Hello, stupid girl,"Spoke the girl. I rose an eyebrow at her.

"Where are we?"I asked. I somehow felt that this girl was Tengokuhime, my zanpakuto. It wasn't just from the fact that she called me "stupid girl" which, for some reason, was her nickname for me.

"Well, this would be your inner world. It changes from time to time. At this moment, it's an interestingly beautiful sight, no?"Tengokuhime answered. She hung upside down in the tree and looked at me.

"I suppose so. How did I get here?" I stuck my hand out and touched the stream of water coming from the knot hole in the tree.

"Well, I don't know. You just did. So, wanna train?"She asked me. She jumped down from the tree.