12: Confront and Relax

Toshiro's POV

As I fell from the slash Aizen landed on me, I immediately directed my thoughts to Grace. I regretted not going after her. All I can think of is her warm smile. Her look of determination when she puts her mind to something, such as completing the paperwork from earlier. Her comforting Spiritual Pressure, the way how it knocked others to the ground but with me it warmed my body and made me feel safe, welcome, secure. At home.

Grace.... My dying thoughts go to you. I don't feel pain. Just cold. Maybe it was blood loss. Maybe it was my Hyorinmaru. Maybe it was my heart's icy depths melting and finally revealing its true self to the rest of my body. Who knows? I fall to the ground, face down and unmoving. I slip into darkness, my last thoughts for Grace and only Grace.

When I wake, I am still on the ground bleeding. I hear voices.

"CAPTAIN!" shouts one. Grace? I wanted to answer her. To open my mouth and tell her I was ok. That there was no need to worry.

"There's no need to worry. He's already dead," said another. Aizen... "Same for her. I did her a favor, you know. I had trained her so she couldn't live without me. Gin was supposed to finish her and Toshiro of but oh well. No matter."

"YOU BASTARD. THEY'RE NOT DEAD AND I WILL HEAL THEM MYSELF IF I HAVE TO TO PROVE IT,"i heard Grace shout. Then I blacked out again. Damn.... Grace don't fight..... he'll kill you....

The next time I awoke was in Squad 4's Barracks. I blinked the blurriness from my vision and looked around. I attempted to sit up, but something was on my chest preventing me. I looked at what it was and saw a head of black hair. I blinked again and tried to figure out who it was. I saw two wings on the body beside me. G...grace? She....SHE FELL ASLEEP ON ME?! AH WHAT- WHAT DO I DO?! Wake her? Let her stay? What?! She's sleeping so peacefully....i should just let her stay. I bring my other hand up and look at it. It's wrapped. I must've cut it on my blade when I gripped it too tightly or something.... My chest is also wrapped, and my left shoulder as well. My shihakusho is open and she's laying on the bandages. I look back at Grace.

She breathes in and out slowly. I reach my hand out and gently touch her head. She doesn't stir.

"She was up late healing you after she healed Lieutenant Hinamori and was healed by us before that," says a voice. I almost jump but don't so I don't wake Grace. I look at the owner.

"Captain.... Unohana? Why did she heal me instead of you or the other members of Squad 4?" I ask. My voice is hoarse.

"Because we couldn't do anything for you. She was in the middle of healing you and passed out. Good thing we didn't move her because it seems she healed you while she was asleep on you," Captain Unohana tells me. I look at Grace. She seems so comfortable.

"Why didn't you tell her to stop healing me?"I ask. They should've stopped her so she didn't pass out. she was recovering and that wasn't good for her. "And did you say you healed her? How did she sustain injuries?" I pray it wasn't Aizen. But boy am I wrong.

"Aizen slashed her and Gin stabbed her. She wont have scars or anything, and the stab wound barely missed a vital artery. She should be good after she wakes. I wouldn't move her, but it's your choice," Unohana replies. I run my fingers through Grace's hair and she presses into my chest a bit more. Her hand tightens its hold on my open Shihakusho. My heart tightens.

"No, it's fine. We don't have to move her just yet,"I reply. Captain Unohana hides a smile. LWhat became of Aizen? And Gin as well?"

"Aizen, Gin, and Kaname have all betrayed the soul society. They escaped us into Hueco Mundo ands we have no desire to follow until after everyone is healed and recovered," She answer. I grind my teeth. I'll make him pay for hurting Momo and Grace. Grace stirs on my chest and wakes up slowly. I tense.