3: Taken In [Edited]

-Narrators POV-

After Captain Hitsugaya had found Grace a shihakusho, they helped her fold her wings under it. They led her to squad ones barracks. Her eyes danced around as she followed, making her way to the room the Head Captain was in. When they stopped in front of him, his eyes danced over her in confusion.

"Who is this?" He asked. Grace began to feel a sense of unease. She shifted uncomfortably as she stood there in front of Captain Hitsugaya and Rangiku. She wanted to turn and leave the room, but she stayed in her spot, intent on seeing this through to the end.

"Her name is Grace. She is from Heaven,"answered Captain Hitsugaya. He glanced at her. He frowned at her tense form. "She has proven herself to be an angel, though that may sound fake." His eyes flickered for a moment before returning to Captain Yamamoto. Grace squirmed. Yeah, just keep on staring, she thought. 

"What do you mean?"Questioned Captain Yamamoto staring at the girl. He didn't understand what they'd meant. This girl looked completely normal, though she definitely wasn't a member of any of the squads.

"Oh. Right. Grace unfold your wings," Captain Hitsugaya ordered. She narrowed her eyes at him, having been ordered to do something. That's rude, she thought. " Please? " He added. She nodded with an internal sigh. Her wings ripped through the fabric of the shihakusho and unfurled to their full width. Captain Yamamoto gasped in surprise and awe. His eyes traced over her feathered wings, surprised that they shimmered in the light. They had a slight rainbow sheen to them, though they were almost pure white. Golden veins were laced through her feathers, making them appear even more abnormal, though still beautiful.

"So she's one of the nephilim?"Captain Yamamoto asked, wrinkling his eyebrows. The nephilim were supposed to be extinct. Grace understood his confusion, but scoffed at him. He narrowed his eyes a little.

"I am an A Class Angel. In no way am I a nephilim, in fact, I do not have a drop of human blood in me,"she replied, slightly annoyed at his accidental audacity. He stared at her wings. He hummed in response and then looked at her face again, making eye contact.

"Why have you come here?"He asked her. Grace explained her whole story. There were parts he didn't understand, but he got that she was forced into this realm. He nodded at the end of her long explanation, his eyes opening from the closed state they'd been in. " I see. So you had no choice. We will make your presence known to the lieutenants and other captains. I trust you are okay with this?" Grace nodded at him. He nodded slowly, choosing his next words carefully. "I think you could be a benefit to us as soul reapers. I will promise you hospitality, and safety from Captain Kurotsuchi. I am truly honored to have God's Daughter in the soul society." Grace tilted her head to the side. Who's Captain Kurotsuchi? She wondered. Instead she nodded once at the old man in front of her. 

"Thank you for not casting me out,"she told him. He nodded once and called for a hell butterfly.

-GRACE'S POV-

After he sent out the message of the meeting(with a weird looking butterfly, nonetheless), The Head Captain told me to hide my wings. I did as he asked, cringing as Captain Hitsugaya and Rangiku helped me fold them under the shihakusho. Captain Hitsugaya's touch was sending warmth through me, strangely numbing the pain of my wings a little. He removed his hands, and Rangiku backed away as well. She looked at my pained expression.

"Does it hurt?"Asked Rangiku.

"Yeah. It hurts, just a little bit though. My wings were the biggest of anyone's in Heaven, so it's hard to fold them up,"I answered. I stared at the ground. Suddenly all the squad Captains filed in one by one. They all stared at me standing by Head Captain. I stared back. Staring's rude, but what the heaven. I thought.