16: The Battle Wages On

(above photo is Akumu no Oji!)

Graces POV

When I woke up, Grimmjow wasn't in the room on top of me anymore. The emo was sitting at the desk in the chair though, and he was asleep. Asleep he looked younger. Maybe 18 or 17. It seemed unusual. The Espada, at least the  two I know seemed to be at peace more when they were asleep. With all their facial muscles relaxed and no rude or cruel words exiting their mouth, you would almost be able to mistake them for human children. Grimmjow's behavioral pattern was that of a cat's as well. 

I stared at the sleeping emo dude, mentally debating on waking him up. I decided not to and sat up completely, bringing my knees up and resting my chin on them. Though this alone was hard as my boobs were in the way. I wanted to cry, but I couldn't quite understand why this was. An image of Toshiro flashed in my mind quickly and i felt the wet warmth of a tear escape my eyes. 

Will I ever be able to go home? Will I see him again, or will I end up dying here? And even if I wasn't to die, would I see him dead instead? 

The idea of a cold lifeless Toshiro was enough to make me cry continuously. I sniffed and wiped the escaping tears away as they fell. No, I can't think about him like this. I'm not aloud to like him at all. I rejected him already anyways. His feelings must be gone already...

Wowwww Gracieeeee. You're so negative!!!!! A voice said. It must be Akumu no Oji. 

He's right. I'm negative. 

Look. Don't take everything I say to heart! I was only kiddinggggg! He whined at me. 

No, You're right. I am negative. I reply to him quietly. I bury my face into my knees. I hear movement and don't look up. 

"So you've awakened?"the emo says. I say nothing. "Why did you not attack me or Grimmjow in either of our sleeps?"

"There would've been no ulterior motive,"I reply muffledly. I know he can still hear me. 

"Meaning what exactly?"he asks me. 

"Meaning that as you and Grimmjow are only following orders and have not attempted to kill nor harm me in any way, I would have no clear reason for attacking you. Besides I prefer a head on attack instead of doing it while the enemy's back is turned. Otherwise it is just shameful,"I reply. I feel the bed dip down beside me. 

"You humans are quite confusing. I do not understand your way of doing things. Nor do I understand why you are crying at this moment,"the emo tells me. I lift my head up slightly to see him staring at me from beside me. 

"It just occured to me that I don't know your name really. I've been calling you "the emo" this entire time, sorry if that offends you,"I tell him quietly. He closes his eyes and turns his head forward. 

"It's Ulquiorra. And that does not really offend me. Grimmjow calls me that every day, I have gotten used to hearing it,"Ulquiorra replies. I put my head back down and the tears continue streaming down my face and onto my jeans. "You did not tell me your name either. Nor did you explain your reasoning or why you are still crying." I laugh once and sit my head up, wiping the tears away. 

"I was imagining the worst possible scenarios in my head as I am regretfully a pessimistic person,"I smile. He glances at me with an emotionless stare. 

"What would those scenarios be?"

"Well. I thought "What if I never got out of this place alive?" and "What if I died before I got to see Him again?" I don't usually care to express my feelings. So the one I love, you see, he's been waiting for me to show him. And after I thought those things... I thought of him dying in the big battle that is to come soon,"I tell Ulquiorra. He says nothing and seems to be thinking about something.