21 | Chaos and Memories

Where was the captain? Ships had captains right???

Percy started having a panic attack when the crew wouldn't stop what they were doing to answer his questions. Hazel snapped at him when he asked her why he had to carry a gun. He hated guns. The ocean was clouded with too much blood because of guns.

He had snuck on this ship and convinced everyone with the help of the mist that he was an "old friend" so he could run away from his problems, not get into more trouble.

"Will!" Percy yelled his name almost like a panicked child, which was essentially what he was. He was lost when it came to human emotions and human life, he didn't know what was happening. "Will, what's going on? We're going to be ok right?"

Will was running around with his medical bag on his shoulder and a pistol at his side when he turned to Percy. His face was grim, void of the
usually cheerful nature he possessed. "We're being followed by one of the most heavily armed ships on the seas, captained by a man who slaughters entire crews without even bating an eye, while barely any of us know how to shoot a gun, nevertheless defend ourselves. Yes, Percy we're going to be fine!" Percy backed off as Will stormed away.

Percy suddenly remembered when he was young, when he was just a small merman in a very vast ocean. Him and his friend had swam near a ship one day, defiantly ignoring the rules set by the merpeople. They watched the anchors lower and rise in the water, they swam around, knocking on the bottom of the boat. Him and his best friend, they did it regularly.

Then one day they came across two ships drawn together with ropes. They circled the scene in curiosity for they never saw two in the same spot before. Sometimes the humans would throw things into the water which scared the two mermen immensely, but they usually found the things to be filled with exotic items that tickled their fancy.

So when something splashed in the water they ran away and waited for it to sink farther down before they approached it. They slowly drew closer, chittering away in excitement. A cloud of dark liquid blinded them momentarily from their goodies, wine was usually the cause, but when they got close enough they realized it wasn't something fun at all.

They stared it utter shock at the lifeless figure of a small human girl drifting aimlessly in the water, a hole the size of human currency blown through her chest. Percy's friend was grabbing his arm, trying to pull him away when suddenly from what seemed like every direction, bodies came tumbling into the water. Percy bolted, swimming away at full speed from that terrifying scene. After that day, Percy and his friend never sought out the ships of humans again.

"Percy. Percy!" Percy was jerked away from his thoughts when Pollux came up beside him. "Man, you look like you're going to be sick. Perk up, the lieutenant demands your presence."

3k reads... Daaaang Zhaaaang.