33 | Duel Guns

Travis was still wondering why he decided to follow the dark captain. Everytime he glanced at the man a chill ran down his spine. He was still bewildered as to how his wound had suddenly healed but he really didn't have time to think about that. His eyes were locked on the map.

The captain clutched the fabric in his hand, keeping it close to his side. Travis lingered behind him, eyeing the captain and every few moments slipping behind a bush. Travis was behind a palm plant nonchalantly rubbing the scar on his forearm when he heard the pistol cock and a soft voice whisper from behind. "Don't speak. It'll only draw his attention."

Travis watched as the captain faded away into the distance before speaking. "Gonna shoot me?"

"If all goes well. No."

Travis kept his face foreword, a smirk crawling onto his face. "Seems fair."

In a split second Travis spun around and grabbed the barrel of the pistol with his left hand and came down with his other hand on the mans wrist, smacking the gun out of the mans hand. Travis cocked the gun and pressed it against his forehead before the man had time to realize what had happened.

"Son don't try me. The Hellsing ain't new to me—" Travis's voice trailed off.

Connor lifted his hands above his head and studied his new found captor in awed silence, until, in a glance of panic he noticed the scar on Travis' forearm.

"You." Connor's face hardened. "You're a traitor to the Hellsing."

Travis was at a loss for words. His jaw was clenched. "Connor..."

Only now did Travis realize how he looked. After being in the infirmary for so many days his hair had grown long and his face was smeared with dirt.

"How do you know–" Connor stopped mid sentence.

Travis's hand was lowering.

In happened in an instant. The memories flooding back.

Travis's gun fell from his hand and hit the ground. No one reached for it, no one even glanced at it.

"Travis? I thought you were-"

"Dead? So did I at the time."

"Oh how cute." The brothers snapped their heads towards the sound of a woman's voice. Rachel sneered. "Lovely reunion boys. Just not timely."

Rachel took a pistol in each hand and cocked them. "I'm so sorry Connor. One traitor I can deal with. Two I can't."

"Wait." Connor choked up. "You don't need to-"

A overlapping pair of gunshots echoed through the trees, disappearing into the sound of the ocean.

Rachel was mumbling to herself as she dragged the corpses behind her.

"Di'Angelo will know my name. I'll make the captain see that I have what he needs, unlike that street rat who calls himself an assassin."

Rachel picked Travis off the ground and heaved his body over the cliff, watching until in landed with a crunch on the rocks below.

"Wretched little brat." Rachel spat.

With a kick of her foot, Connor joined his brother in their watery grave.

"Jason won't get all the glory this time..."

So sorry it's been so long since I last updated. Hope you guys enjoyed it