51 | The Bones of a Tyrannical Murderer | Part 1

Six Years Before The Hellsing

"Nico, you have to stop picking fights with kids that are bigger than you." With delicate fingers Bianca Di'Angelo plucked another twig from her brothers hair.

"But they're bullies. They called you a streetwalker again."

Bianca froze for a second, her hand hanging in the air only a few moments before swiftly snatching another leaf from Nico's head. "You shouldn't listen to what little boys have to say."

Nico grabbed his sisters wrist and moved it away from his face. "They're not children Bianca. One of them is married."

Bianca sighed, scrunching her eyes closed in hopes of wishing the heartache away. "I know that. But it wasn't so long ago that you guys were playing law and thieves together."

"Yeah, well, sons of wealthy landowners don't fraternize with dirty orphans."

Bianca went to hit Nico on the arm. "Stop calling us orphans."

"That's what we are!"

Bianca grabbed Nico's arm and drew him closer. "Not anymore, I'm an adult... and your guardian." She stared him down for a few moments before pinching his cheek like a small child. "So that means you have to do what I say."

Nico wrenched his face away with a grunt of annoyance.

Bianca smiled, a childish grin spreading across her face. The two were inseparable, clinging to each other like the world was ending.

Life had turned itself upside down after their mother's suicide. They lost basically everything, yet continued to cling to each other with all the strength they had.

Bianca decided not to baby Nico by cradling his face in her hands and instead dramatically put her hands on her hips. "I have to work at the Moonburrow tonight. Will you survive making dinner by yourself?"

Nico got up off the floor rolling his eyes. "I'm old enough to make a meal for myself. Besides, I'll be eighteen in six months."

"Six and a half."

"Jerk."

🔱

Spiteful streams of sunlight shone through the rotting window frame onto the boys face.

Nico swatted the air and turned over, his eyes shut tight at the rude awakening.

Slowly he looked around, still squinting. Hunger stirred in his belly.

With Bianca working all through the night, and some of the morning, he decided The Nightshade was the best option for breakfast.

With a grunt and toss of the sheets, he rolled out of bed, deliberately letting his body thump onto the floor.

After picking himself up and changing clothes he started combing through what he could of his overgrown hair. After a few minutes of fighting with it he gave up and started his walk to the saloon.

🔱

"Cabbages! One silver coin for a pair!"