43 - Rafael

"PERSEUS!!!"

Percy was startled, his body was suddenly frozen. He recognized that voice, it's was far too familiar, there was absolutely no mistaking it.

He turned his head towards the man in the distance, he saw him standing in the sand, his glassy green eyes filled with a blood boiling hatred. The royal armor was unmistakable. He was here, ready to take his revenge.

"Who is that?" Annabeth demanded.

"Rafael," Percy muttered.

"What did you say??"

Percy kept muttering, his words were slurred.

"Percy!" Annabeth's hand came down hard on Percy's face. Smack! He snapped out of it.

"He's the heir to the throne. The prince of my people."

Annabeth gave him a judgmental look.

"We were... friends."

"What do you mean we're?!"

"Quiet you wench." The man in the
distance extended his hand towards the group and made a clenched fist, when he drew it back Annabeth cried out.

"No! Annabeth!" Percy's voice shook as he stood helplessly by.

The mans bright eyes were filled with fury and he was quickly making his way towards Percy and Jason.

"Not on my watch." Jason, though injured, grabbed, pointed and cocked Annabeth's pistol in one smooth motion. "Back up pretty boy."

Annabeth couldn't protest, her body had suddenly become like a solid. The only thing she could move was her eyes, and they darted back and forth in anxiety.

Rafael didn't stop. His stride held steady.

Jason fired. Hit.

Rafael paused at the pain in his shoulder. The bullet had gone straight through him yet somehow his wound closed in an instant. "Such dumb creatures." He was still coming.

☠️

Finally. Got to introduce this guy. Say hello to Rafael, another problem for the crew of the Argo II. Well, whatever's left of the Argo II.

Ps. Please don't kill me for that comment.