Chapter Two - The History Of Kingdoms

After the fiasco with Vashti, Tashil was incredibly tense and ordered people around like mad. He had people on intense vigilance and had slaves repair the doors. He ordered a march for both slaves and soldiers and ordered masters around to keep the maidens and wives calm in the palace rooms.

     Master Chaudbury and Master Publius were ordered to the main palace rooms for executive orders. Melody happened to be around at the time of the order.

      At night, the slaves were ordered back to their rooms, and a certain selection was supposedly going to be made the following morning.

     Many of the slaves had their normal rounds of complaints and sorrows that they'd say despairingly. Melody despaired, but she stayed quiet about it. Some of the slaves would try to be positive about it, promising some kind of freedom and break from the harsh labor and brutality they were used to.

    Some were actually inspired by their promises, but Melody knew it was false hope. They were promises that could not be kept and any who believed it would be in for a world of disappointment. She understood the severity of being in that situation. She often worked hard and in reward for that, Tashil would place Melody at important meetings and such where she'd realize just how aggressive and brutal Tashil was.

    He'd never grant them freedom.

    Melody was quiet for most of that night. She didn't get any inspiration. Instead, she just reminded herself that she'd be trapped forever. She was truly worthless, nothing would go her way. These thoughts surrounded and followed her everyday. But she didn't mind. She never denied a word of it.
    If anything, it helped her become a better worker. She was good at mindlessly working, even if there were no purpose to it, she'd do the work when commanded.
    Melody's life was worthless, of no purpose or reason. She only existed to work. Even if men reviled her or abused her, like most sex-hungry guards would often do. Even Virgil she wouldn't mind. She'd stay silent and painfully wait until it were over.
    Fortunately due to Vashti's plot, she caught a break from it that day. But still, she never found hope or a reason to be positive. She'd often just sit there in the corner and contemplate how utterly worthless she was. The blades of grass that people and animals alike stepped all over every day were worth more than she was.

     There was no reason for every day. There was significant about life. There wasn't hope or freedom for her world. If you weren't born the king, you were bound to submission. If you were born as a slave, you were doomed in life. That was just how the world worked. Melody didn't even complain about it. Emotion was stripped from her, even though she'd fall into sadness and depression. She curls herself into a ball and cries. No words come out, only flowing tears. Other than that, she never smiled unless ordered to. She never had a glimmer of fear, or surprise, or wonder, or other emotions.

    Despair was all she knew.

    Tashil went to his quarters last night cursing Vashti and declaring vengeance. He despised the man. He was massaged and bathed thoroughly that night to relax his tension. Master Chaudbury left the palace at night to run some errands. Other Masters ran out to meet with messengers of other lands and report the news to the king.

      There were four major lands in the world. The biggest was Corbia which was ruled by King Rosh. They were a large desert country with dry lands yet many roads and messengers. Their population wasn't as big as other nations. They led the world in oil. The second largest was Galacia, ruled by King Tashil. They had a very lush and green landscape with large plains of grass and gardens and meadows. They had large populations and led the world in food production.

      The third largest was Yanlan, ruled by King Benjamin. They also had large populations in very flat but forested areas. They led in timber.

      The fourth was Gonadas, which was ruled by King Darius. They had the smallest population but had several rivers flowing through it which allowed travelers to come and go as they sailed up the rivers. They led the world in hydraulics and distilled water.

     Minor nations existed between all four of them but they maintained peace with each other throughout the times. The world leaders traded frequently with each other and thus problems with that trade often led to war. Gonadas often went to war with Yanlan and Corbia in the past. Galacia also went to war with Corbia in the past. Of the current generation of kings, there has never been war.

   But there has still been tension. King Rosh and King Tashil had hated each other and deeply despised the other existence. The two nations were right next to each other. Rosh always resented Galacia's lush grasslands. Tashil always resented Corbia's excessive landmass and wanted to annex land for himself. The two also hated each other's attitudes. At every leaders' meeting, Rosh and Tashil would argue and bark at each other.

    In the older days of their world, there was a gigantic empire that expanded over parts of every nation, and was the greatest empire to have ever existed. It only disbanded in recent generations, after the most evil ruler in all history - Timothy Oligarde.
   He was a terrible emperor and treated his subjects like the dirt of the roads and tortured all who went against him. An uprising forced him to abdicate and the empire split into the four previously described nations.

    His son Teremus Oligarde still lives and participates in foreign affairs and international conferences, but had no land to rule over. Though he did have authority still and acted as an international judge.

     The following morning came and a certain meeting was to be held in Corbia between Tashil and a certain banker who promised Tashil a tempting deal between Galacia's food supply and a curious sum of money from an underground bank. It was dirty work, but that didn't mean anything to Tashil. Accepting the deal, he wished to have pertinent transportation to Corbia. However he currently had a great deal of his army stealing land away on the opposite end of Corbia, and so Tashil limited himself to a royal guards and a select group of slaves. He planned to let things go smoothly and let this symbolise his awesome power and authority by putting these slaves to the work in front of commoners in other cities.

    He would ask King Rosh for stay at his palace for a night and then use a certain abandoned building as the meeting place. The building was chosen by Master Chaudbury. Tashil decided this plan was good and expected a great fortune from this banker. His hopes were high, and so was his arrogance.