Chapter Fourteen - The Great Return

All the former slaves were in awe of their new freedom and danced excitedly with one another, mainly Yolanda and Liz, and happiness with harmony spread and infected everyone as they began to walk back to Corbia's palace. They traveled back, and left the presence of the destroyed facility, which had all existed to be one giant burial for a king. Tashil, left behind, and forgotten.

    They arrived back at King Rosh's palace and entered in. The guards met them, but once seeing Chaudbury, they backed up and granted them entrance. Chaudbury came before King Rosh in their assembly. King Rosh smiled once he saw him.

    "So, the deed is done?" Rosh asked him.

     "Tashil has died. I have assumed the place of consul until there is a republic in Galacia," Master Chaudbury told him.

      "That's just excellent. My old rival now dead. I think peace just may be restored in our lands again. Not since his father ruled," Rosh spoke snd pointed to Teremus Oligarde, "has such a thing happened.

       Master Chaudbury nodded and shook hands with the king. Suddenly, within a matter of minutes Chaudbury had gained more stature and influence than Tashil ever had in his whole life as Chaudbury was befriended by other kings, imperial judges, and the legendary Teremus Oligarde. He had more status and connections who were more powerful than the dirty underbelly connections Tashil made in his kingdom. Already, Chaudbury showed great promise, and they still hadn't even arrived in Galacia.

     They traveled back and left Corbia, passing through Chobeth. When they entered back through the gates of Galacia, trumpets blasted from the soldiers as Master Chuadbury and Teremus Oligarde walked passed. Master Chaudbury would come to announce Tashil's death, his promotion to consul, and the formation of a republic. The crowds all loved and rejoiced at the changes being made in their country and welcomed the revolutionaries with open arms as their tyrant king was overthrown.

    Vashti came close behind Melody and whispered, "This was all possible because of you."

    Melody was exceedingly happy for the first time. She truly enjoyed every bit of her freedom, and understood what Liz and Vashti were trying to tell her this whole time. She observed the smiles of hundreds of people as they crowded the streets to receive the joyous news.

    Eventually their company reached back to the palace of Galacia. Chaudbury would explain how he'd turn the palace into a legislature. Teremus and Vashti had no objections. Chaudbury told the news to the other Masters, maidens, and soldiers of the palace. Some of them were not happy as they saw that they would lose power, and some saw it as an opportunity for new politics. The soldiers agreed to be at the command of Chaudbury after hearing from the guards that were there personally.

    Chaudbury sent soldiers out to Corbia to search for the missing bankers and Master Harrison. After this, Chaudbury would head up to the former king's office and make it his own, and he spent a few hours up there without calling for anyone.